Can anyone tell me my piston size?

2001Blaster

Oct 29, 2009
Hanford, CA
I know stock's 66mm, but my piston has a set of numbers on it reading
(573M06700). Is this stock or 76mm? I need to know because my piston and cylinder look good so I just wanna get new rings and hone my cylinder and put it back together to last me through the holidays before doing a complete rebuild. Also the piston says C00L8 on it.

My mistake. If it's a wiseco shouldn't it have the notches for the rings to be set? So that they don't move out of a 180* stagger? Mine doesn't... Anyway, know the size of my piston will save me time and money for now until I do a full rebuild, hell, if it holds up awhile I might just save and get a big bore piston and head set.

Thanks, it is a wiseco 67mm. Ok, so I know gaskets should only be used once, but if I put this back together with new rings and gaskets and it doesn't fix the compression would I be able to get away with using my new gaskets when I bore it out and get a 67.25mm piston? If it fixes it then I'll of course get new gaskets again the next time I pull my topend.

Alright, so I got it running with new rings and gaskets. I honed the cylinder and got the compression up to 125psi. Do I have to break the new rings in? If so how?

I only found a sh*tty sticky on breaking in rebuilds. I only changed my rings. Thanks for the help with that, but that sticky was so bad, it was just a bunch of different opinions. I think I'll do I light break in and wait for the full rebuild to see how well that holds up. Thanks again.

nop, he is still competing with me, 6 years same top end still running at its best! havent changed rings,nothing.we have been the only owner of it, my dad bought it brand new.
6 years is a long time for any piston, let alone a stock one. Why not put a lighter wiseco in it even if it doesn't need a new one? I guess if you baby it there's no point!