Break in

Rah Shortz

Dec 18, 2011
Durham nc
How long do it take to break in a rebuilt motor.I dont wanna blow up my fresh motor.Also wht's a good clutch kit????Thkx for ur help off top....I:I

Have you done the heat cycles? Let it run till it reaches normal temps. Then let it cool completely. Check the head nut torque. Then repeat twice.
After all that ride kinda easy (ie, no extended full-throttle) and vary the throttle (ie, don't run it at the same throttle for more than a few seconds) for a tank-full.

Then give it hell. I:I

Edit: Also it's helpful to take a compression reading before and right after break-in to give you a base-line

Last edited:
Have you done the heat cycles? Let it run till it reaches normal temps. Then let it cool completely. Check the head nut torque. Then repeat twice.
After all that ride kinda easy (ie, no extended full-throttle) and vary the throttle (ie, don't run it at the same throttle for more than a few seconds) for a tank-full.

Then give it hell. I:I

Ok i have to re- torque then give'em HELL...Already rode it dry....lolz I:I

video explains it good. although i did 2 heat cycles idling in the driveway. ooppsy, it runs fines though havent had problems. will be sure to vary thorttle in the driveway next time

does anyone know where ken got that heat monitor? havent seen them at wally world or the hardware stores

No i guess tht's nxt anything else i should look for????

Off top of my head, nope! Compression test, leak test, write down jetting. Just to give ya a starting point. When your compression gets 10% lower than what u started at it's time to re-ring and possible hone.