Brake Pads

quadsrus1

Oct 4, 2011
Red Lion'PA
Hey i got some new brake pads, when i went to install them and bolted the caliber back together, i went to put it on the disk but the pads won't spread far enough to get around the disk. How do i fix this problem any help would be appreciated.

You have to push the caliper piston back if. The safest way I can tell you is to open the bleeder screw on the caliper and open the pads up that way. Bleed the brakes when your done. There's other ways to do it but if you don't know what your doing, you can screw stuff up.

You have to push the caliper piston back if. The safest way I can tell you is to open the bleeder screw on the caliper and open the pads up that way. Bleed the brakes when your done. There's other ways to do it but if you don't know what your doing, you can screw stuff up.

OK i know nothing about brakes or what your talking about lol could you be specific or post some pics its not hydros if that helps lmfao

you can skip the shorty cable, but they do work better with it
but pay particular attention to....... remove white disc, using a screwdriver down in there to unscrew the worm screw, and readjusting it with the white disc a few clicks at a time till desired results are acheived, the cover must be replaced each time before testing, as it pushes in on "the mechanism" too