boyesen duel stage reed!

km200

Apr 29, 2010
tweed ont
Hey guys I'm really stuck here the plug on my blaster is kinda grayish not sure what's going on I think I need jets or my carb needs to be set up!could I move the neddle up one maybe that will help if its going gray does that mean it needs more fuel hmm!I also would like to ask how good are these boyesen duel stage reeds are what does it mean duel stage will I have to put jets in it to have it work or can I just set it up!I think my air screw is out like 2 turns not sure!

Hey guys I'm really stuck here the plug on my blaster is kinda grayish not sure what's going on I think I need jets or my carb needs to be set up!could I move the neddle up one maybe that will help if its going gray does that mean it needs more fuel hmm!I also would like to ask how good are these boyesen duel stage reeds are what does it mean duel stage will I have to put jets in it to have it work or can I just set it up!I think my air screw is out like 2 turns not sure!

yes a grey plug does signal a lean condition, also to richen the needle you would move it DOWN towards the point of the needle not up. i have carbon fiber dual stage reeds in my blasty now and really like em. take the carb off and check your main jet size then go up 5 and see how it runs and how the plug looks, adjust accordingly.

So probly take the clip on the needle an go down one I guess!

ummm no you need a bigger main jet for starters, moving needle clip position is mainly for fine tuning. you should really get you main jet figured out first, is you airbox lid on or off??

DUAL stage reeds meanthey have two stages when they open. they have two smaller windows that will open up quickly at lower rpm, then the whole reed will open up at the high rpm.

But when I got the bike u know the rubber spout that comes from the front of the air box is gone so I'm not sure if its getting to much air cause of it!

But when I got the bike u know the rubber spout that comes from the front of the air box is gone so I'm not sure if its getting to much air cause of it!

eh, that might have opened it up a little bit but i wouldnt worry about that, does it have a aftermarket pipe or anything?

No I think its all stock not sure if someone has put a rebuild in it an ya I am nervis I don't want to blow the little beast up it works great only thing on it that's not stock is the pipe has DG pipe an DG muffler an stock carb probly just needs some jetting like u said!

Sweet guys I will get a bigger jet an check it out it has a stock main jet so what jet size do I need!