bought myself a fwd enduro for woodhaul race way

blasterkid89

Jan 2, 2009
good old canisteo ny
got talking to a couple friends and i was in the market to build a fwd race car to race @ the local dirt track my, i got a hold of one of my friend Matt that had a 91 civic CRX SI for sale he wanted $800 but i went to school with the kid and he was tired of sitting around his yard (he was gonna build a race car out of it as well) but after a little bit of talking to him he said that i could have it for $300, its a Florida car with no Honda rust its a 5spd 4cyc with the 1.6 d16 motor, my good friend mark, Colby, my cousin, and my uncle all race @ the track, and my uncle Marty and i are building the roll cage, had to get a copy of the rules and regulations for the FWD class as well, and vinyls he has both the machines for that, then I'm keeping it down to jasper to work on on weekends this weekend we have to gut out the interior and take off all the trim etc... on the out side of the car, so with a little time and the guys helping me out i will be able to build the fwd into a dirt track car for woodhaul that I'll race next season when i get back from college

here's a couple pics of the 91 CRX SI I'm going to pick it up tomarrow, runs and drives good, not bad for only $300 A

FP072609004.jpg

FP072609002.jpg

FP072609001.jpg

yeah its pretty nice not a speck of rust out side haha, the car has no title the kid i got it off from got it off from a kid in fl, thats fighting in iraq so yeah, its kinda a shame bc its nice but i mean ive always wanted to build an enduro and its a perfect canidate for a fwd @ the dirt track im racing at haha

LOL I raced a CRX at 6 mile turn (a local dirt track) a few years ago. Had alot of fun with it. The biggest problem I had was they are so lite in the rear its easy for people to push you around. So keep it floored in 2nd and go deep in the corners. Don't let anybody get under you or your screwed.

yeah my buddy mark scenck, and colby brewer race in the fwd class, then my uncle marty use to race in the 4 cyc mustangs, and my cousin brett marlatt races in the steet stocks i belive, his dad rich use to race, and my moms cousins husban races @ the track no, so racing @ woodhull runs in the family haha

ill buy the wheels from you and if you really know hondas you can build a decent hp motor out of all factory honda parts no aftermarket at all cause im sure the rules say stock engine

got some more work done on it today, got most of the interior gutted, and found out the motor has a bad set of rings smikes like a sucker, and runs on 3 cycs so im gonna put a new motor in it as well i found a couple local ones that are goof runnign motors with 60k miles on them for $200 each

FP072609006.jpg

got the lights oout too
FP072609008.jpg

FP072609009.jpg