Bought a new Blaster need help getting spark.

jasindude1

Jun 10, 2013
I just picked up a parts blaster, I paid $100 for it, it's actually a complete bike just needs minor work, so the engine has good compression when I kick it, but no spark, the plug when removed has no spark, but looks good. So the guy I bought it from said he thought it was the CDI unit. I wanted to see what could cause this issue before I go start buying parts for it. I'm going to remove the carb and clean it today, just need help with the spark issue. Any help would be good, or if there is a way to test the CDI I would like to know. Thanks :)

I would love you to show me how you can tell 100psi compression from 120, with your foot. I would throw a compression tester on it before wasting any more time on the spark.

Reactions: Awk08
Well I took off the carb and dirt everywhere, took off the head and more dirt, took the jug off and even more dirt, the whole engine is packed with dirt! So the CDI just moved to the last priority, I'm going to take the engine out tomorrow and break it down, not what I was expecting but I'm only in $100 and an hours labor so far