Bottom end repair

2strokep0wer

Mar 26, 2010
grand-bay, New Brunswick, Canada
Hey, something in my transmission went and blew 3 holes in my left side case. Seeing as I'm going to have to buy a new case, this means I will have to put everything from my bottom end into the new case, including the crank. Soo since I can't do it, it would obviously cost probably like 300-400$ JUST for labour.
SO, I'm thinking if I buy this whole bottom end for 250$, it would be cheaper. Because it would obviously take less work to install. Soo what I'm asking is how hard do you think it would be to attach the bottom end to my topend? Would someone mechanically inlcined need to do it?
Plus another thing is that the bottom end I'm buying is missing a clutch basket and clutch boss. Soo another question: Could I take those two missing parts out of my blown transmission bottomend and put them into the one I'm buying? and how hard would it be?

Here's some pics of the bottom end that I'm buying, is it in good shape?
2echoa9.jpg

b6wkdj.jpg

2bxvyt.jpg

287omtf.jpg

Thanks for your help, I just wanna get my blasty runnin again!:D

Check the play in the crank, like see if the magneto moves up down & the rod doesn't tilt side to side on the crank bearing. If that's all good u should be able to swap what you need over. I could probley do in about 2hrs max, just don't forget the gaskets and the locking tab washer just incase.

i have a complete bottom end with stroker crank for sale.has new crank bearing and sealscrank only has about 10hrs on it which 8 were from break in from the new top end but the top end blew sunday.cases need to be split cuz theres an air leak but its not hard to do.pm me if ur interested

Sorry thought you had already got the bottom, The one pictured looks ok but should be checked before swaping parts to it. But I'd just swap your parts to it, that are needed. Unless there are slop in the bearings as mentioned earlier.

Sorry thought you had already got the bottom, The one pictured looks ok but should be checked before swaping parts to it. But I'd just swap your parts to it, that are needed. Unless there are slop in the bearings as mentioned earlier.

Or do you think I should buy that guys with the stroker crank? Do you think that airleak is a big problem?

you'd need to split the cases on that one to fix the air leak. it would be a necessity as that's probably why his top end fried

splitting cases isn't very hard. you'd have to get the top end ported or at least get a spacer plate. porting is the best option

Those plates do work but you sacrifice some power cause your port timing is way off. I just learned this today. Definetely get the port and match done worth every penny.

No. By no means. But you aren't getting the full potential of that +3. That is the set-up that I have. You will have more power but not as much as you can have with it that's all.

i have the topend for it to but it will need a bore to the next size and a new piston.its p&p and head mill and redesign by flotek.i will make you a deal if you want both pm me

That's a great set-up I wish You were doing this when I started my build I would have jumped at this!

No I am not running the plate. My motor is set up not to use the plate. No less reliable as many on here have used it with no problems. Ken Oconner did some testing and decided not to use it to get the full potential power out of the stroker.