boost bottle worth the $?

steval570

Jul 2, 2009
i have an 04 bored .20 over, hot rods crank, v force 3's, +1, +2 sprockets, toomey b1, run 112 vp, etc, etc... was wondering if a boost bottle is worth the money and do they actually make a difference... fellow riders of blaster, and 'shees tell me that its a suttle difference on a banshee and probably wont do anything on a blaster... please no BS.. thanks!

my understanding is a boost bottle balances out the air charge between both cylinders, but if you only have one cylinder doesnt seem like there is mych balancing going on. but they do look cool!!I:I

Boost bottles from what i know are suppose to balance out the air between 2 cylinders, but with only one cylinder it doesn't do much but yamaha use to put them on there single stroke motocross bikes so i believe yamaha would of done testing to see what it does instead of just using them on there bikes and costing them more money to manufacture so they do something. maybe to get out of low end bogs after jumping or something relating to the carb they were using not quite sure.

i just bought a boost bottle, but i don`t know where does it go. any one has a picture. or instalation instruction to help me.
tanks

the boost bottle is designed to capture extra fuel/air mixture that is spit back into the carburetor after a cycle. without a boost bottle, the fuel that is spit back up is rejetted and the new mixture richer than it should be. the bottle captures hat and recycles it into the next cycle as properly mixed fuel. This should help with keeping the fuel/air mixture consistent and in turn make throttle response crisper

as for where it goes....a line has to be run from the intake manifold. from what ive heard, the line and bottle should have a volume of about 250 cc's.

I don't have a boost bottle on my blaster but ive done the research and want to get one.

the boost bottle is designed to capture extra fuel/air mixture that is spit back into the carburetor after a cycle. without a boost bottle, the fuel that is spit back up is rejetted and the new mixture richer than it should be. the bottle captures hat and recycles it into the next cycle as properly mixed fuel. This should help with keeping the fuel/air mixture consistent and in turn make throttle response crisper

as for where it goes....a line has to be run from the intake manifold. from what ive heard, the line and bottle should have a volume of about 250 cc's.

I don't have a boost bottle on my blaster but ive done the research and want to get one.

in a perfect world thats how they would work..but in the real world they are just annother weak point for a leak in our already leaky motors,,if you look at all of the high horsepower drag banshees none of them even have boost bottles, and supposedly the banshee is one of the few bikes that benefits from a boost bottle and even those guys dont wanna deal with them, thats sayin something when your rocking a 100hp drag shee...pop a few pistons brotha and lets talk then haha

I have a new one that I never got around to putting on. My wife is pregnant with our first and the due date is approaching soon so my riding time is going to disappear. If anyone wants it make me an offer.. I hear diapers get expensive!

boost bottles are a waste of time and money. they aren't fail-safe, and don't always work correctly. as stated already, it just winds up being one more loose end. If you can jet your carb correctly, there shouldn't be any excess mixture floating around having to be distributed among cylinders. i cant even see how this would benefit a single cylinder machine of any kind.