Bolt on shocks that don't break the bank !

JoeBlaster64

Aug 27, 2011
South Central Pa.
If anyone out there rides in Pa you know where every you go there is nothing but rocks on all of our trails. I need to get a few more years out of my back and shoulders. I am looking for the best solution for replacement shocks that do the job without costing me more than I could buy another Blaster for. I have read just about every thread regarding shocks this one but mod that or this one but not as good as that one. Bottom line, can anyone send me in the right direction so I can purchase shocks that I can bolt on, without mods and not break the bank ?

get a rear 400ex shock and ken's bushings, and works front shocks. bam ur done.

i got my 400ex shocks for 25$ and works usually go for 200 or so. theres some good deals tho. i found them for 100

My 69 yr old body really appreciates the steering stabiliser that I fitted.

It takes away a lot of jarring from the handlebars.

If anyone out there rides in Pa you know where every you go there is nothing but rocks on all of our trails. I need to get a few more years out of my back and shoulders. I am looking for the best solution for replacement shocks that do the job without costing me more than I could buy another Blaster for. I have read just about every thread regarding shocks this one but mod that or this one but not as good as that one. Bottom line, can anyone send me in the right direction so I can purchase shocks that I can bolt on, without mods and not break the bank ?

Better get back on track, sorry for the jack!

Blaaster, hook me up with info on the steering stabilizer, where I can buy and how to install. I ordered a 400EX shock from ebay, bushings from KCR, didn't quite find any deals on any Works front shocks yet but still looking.

Whats the purpose of the KOR bushings? How much are they? Are they only for the 400ex rear shock?

The purpose of the KOR bearing is to fill the empty space between the upper shock mount and the eye of the shock so you can run much better shocks. The stock shock has a huge upper eye. I believe they work with 400ex, ltz400, 250r, and yfz450 rear shocks. 25 bucks. I am personally running the ltz400 shock. It's the same as the 400ex shock.