bogging!!need help

D

dunnz28

first off hey i am new i just got a 99 blaster and its bogging at all rpms and it has lots of compression,i read that you disconnect the tors and that it might be the reeds but i didnt get there yet just wondering what you guys would say and how much oil would it take to fill it from empty because i want to change the oil in it thanks!!!

i would suggest the reeds not only cracks but if they are warped they wont work right and take your carb apart and clean it out really good with carb and choke cleaner..hope this helps

i would suggest the reeds not only cracks but if they are warped they wont work right and take your carb apart and clean it out really good with carb and choke cleaner..hope this helps

i agree, and nice pit man!I:I

cleaned the carb and checked the reeds all checked good still doing the same thing?

cleaned the carb and checked the reeds all checked good still doing the same thing?

are you sure their not warped? if not i would double check compression just to be sure! cause thats what my bike did and it ended up only having like 65lbs compression!!!! does it run right with the choke on?

ok i was boggin and wouldnt idle idled wildly backfired and it was my reeds they werent warped that bad but just a hair line will let it run like crap i tap mine alittle at the ends to see if there is any moment between them..

the shop called me and said they were messing around with it and it didnt work any better they said it might be the crank bearings or something they didnt really have a clue because it has lots of compression tested it a few times so i have no idea!!!!any thoughts

are you sure their not warped? if not i would double check compression just to be sure! cause thats what my bike did and it ended up only having like 65lbs compression!!!! does it run right with the choke on?

Mine does ?

I'm thinking I need to check/replace the reeds but I'm not sure.
Is this a common symptom of bad reeds ?
I can't get it to idle unless I have the choke pulled one click then it's fine, won't drive either unless I leave the choke out one click.

I have a '97 Blaster.
I took the T.O.R.S. apart a while back and got it starting pretty decent.
Now, I can ride it gingerly and even hard but it want's to sometimes bog or lose power at faster speeds, not always but sometimes.
I't seems like it really want's to rip and sometimes it does, but I'm always waiting for it to bog.
After I warm it up for a while I can ride it all day up to 3rd gear before I get any problems (with the choke pulled 1 click).

Are the reeds my first order of business with these sympyoms.

Thank's everyone.

do u guys have ur airbox lids removed, cuase mine at one point did the same thing, i cleaned the carb a bunch of times thinking that was prob and all it was, was the airbox lid had to be taken off

No guy's, I don't have my lid or air filter removed they're still in place.

Maybe I should go for a ride without the lid and filter or just the filter ?

Thanks !

P.S.-I'll get an occasional back fire when I try to top out 3rd.
A couple years ago, the thing rev'd super high on me twice and I had to dump the clutch and stall it to get it to shut off, the switch wouldn't kill it.
I just started riding it again this year w/my son.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks, I'll give this a try later tonight and see what happens.

I have a weird feeling about the reeds though, but I won't go there until I have to.

Well, I tried but removing the airbox lid didn't change anything.
I'm gonna pull and clean the carb as soon as I get a chance,also, I'm gonna have a look at the reeds too.