bogging i think pilot

B14573r

Jul 31, 2007
NJ
wehn from idle i wail on the throttle it bogs for a sec, to about 1/4 throttle so i think my pilot is off. how do i ajust it? pics would be great

well you can't adjust any jet but the needle,, I really like this site that randelator put on to help, check it out, hopefully it can explain many of the question you may have, pilot jet if we are thinkin the same, is next to the main jet more in a hole rather than sticking out, atleast on the keihins i know you use a flate blade screw driver and unscrew it as you would any other screw.

New

Is this something you just installed? If it used to work it ain't a jet, unless it needs cleaning.

A

BTW, temp. makes a huge diff. We warmed up about 20 degrees today and I had to dial my rig back in, wouldn't even idle.

well i installed my pipe n im running open airbox, with the temp im a t a 320 main that is iffy, i have a bigger pilot i just cant find where it is?

OK

With a pipe you want to rejet. The pilot is under the plastic shield that surrounds the main jet. On a Keihin, that's what you have?

A

Im having the same problem pittboss,off idle it wants to bog but once i get up to speed its fine.So you say you should adjust air screw ,which way?Also today when i ran it for about 10 minutes then let it cool for about 7 minutes then i tried to start it ,it wouldnt start.I got it fired back up a litttle while later..

Im having the same problem pittboss,off idle it wants to bog but once i get up to speed its fine.So you say you should adjust air screw ,which way?Also today when i ran it for about 10 minutes then let it cool for about 7 minutes then i tried to start it ,it wouldnt start.I got it fired back up a litttle while later..

You need to do some plug chops to determine the proper settings. The air screw should only be backed out 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 turns out. If yours needs to be less than 1-1/2 then you need a bigger pilot and vise versa.

You can get a bucket load of input from the forums but the only true way to dial a bike in is DIY.

There are a lot of factors involved in why your bike won't start right away, compression, stator trouble, carb and even a plugged silencer.

The best advice that I can express to anybody that owns a bike is to have a service manual.

If you need anymore advice or have specific questions, call the shop and ask for me. I might be able to shed some light on some of your problems.

You need to do some plug chops to determine the proper settings. The air screw should only be backed out 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 turns out. If yours needs to be less than 1-1/2 then you need a bigger pilot and vise versa.

You can get a bucket load of input from the forums but the only true way to dial a bike in is DIY.

There are a lot of factors involved in why your bike won't start right away, compression, stator trouble, carb and even a plugged silencer.

The best advice that I can express to anybody that owns a bike is to have a service manual.

If you need anymore advice or have specific questions, call the shop and ask for me. I might be able to shed some light on some of your problems.

trust him he is the guys at 100$ an hour you cant be wrong (joking) no, i agree completely with pitboss 45

you guys are the best. I:I I went ahead an ordered a manual and i also downloaded one.So guess i got some reading to do.This blaster has a set of dyno jets in it.Thats what i was told.I guess i need to start and check the air screw and if that doesnt help i will order some jets.Thanks