bogging down

00blaster

Jan 14, 2008
i rebuilt the motor in my 2000 blaster and fired it up and the motor seems to bog every time i just touch the throttle what do i need to adjust for this?

this is my second post on here but ive read about every thread.....from my expreance you should try a boost bottle, ppl say they dont do any thing but they do it stores air right thre for the engine to take right then for that initioal bit of air thats not in the tube then soon as you let of the throtle it fills up again eliminating the bogg factor

mine was bogging down a few weeks back, it was lack of air... i cleaned up my filter a bit and removed my airbox lid cover.....been fine since

Check your reeds possibly. Might be cracked. Had this problem with my old '00 blaster, replaced them and problem solved.

try taking off your airbox lid. dont get a boost bottle. it maybe be bogging down due to lack of air.
that what the boost bottle will help with it gets the first litbit of air as soon as you bog but you wont cuz it store air rightthere so it has air right away

boost bottles are junk. the look good on paper but in real applications you have a thing called turbulance. the small opening of the boost bottle will get an air pocket trapped in it that doesnt allow ANY of that atomized air/fuel mixture to enter it. this is due to the high speed flow of air that is being pulled from the carburator and into the reed cage. thus rendering the boost bottle a novelty item that uses peoples ignorance of airflow and aerodynamics to sell a useless product.

second, if the boost bottle were to actually store air/fuel inside, the amount of air needed would be a MUCH higher amount than that little bottle can hold. have you ever put your hand over the end of the carburator to feel how hard its sucking in air? it's the same thing as if you were to stand underwater and try to take a breath from the air trapped inside of a drinking straw.

no, tape off one end of the straw, put the other end in your mouth. use only the air that is trapped inside of it to breathe with. the opening on the other side is sealed, just like on a boost bottle.

the only reason people buy these can be based on the same principle as people who think premium fuel makes more power in your motor or expensive basketball shoes help you jump higher. all of which are total bulls#!t

no, tape off one end of the straw, put the other end in your mouth. use only the air that is trapped inside of it to breathe with. the opening on the other side is sealed, just like on a boost bottle.

the only reason people buy these can be based on the same principle as people who think premium fuel makes more power in your motor or expensive basketball shoes help you jump higher. all of which are total bulls#!t

i bought my boost bottle before i realized ur point above^, but now with the hole in my intake, i just might as well leave it there for looks i guess!