Bogged Down and Won't Start

Its running lean with more oil? I thought it would run rich and just smoke a little more than usual lol

lol not techinally lean, but whats happening is the oil is clogging everything up and making it harder for the piston to slide up and down in the sleve, which is creating more heat, which make big boom. if i were u, i would rip thay oil injection off, and premix at 32:1 then rejet for the changes, and ull have a happy blaster. so as long as u dont have any leaks or need a new top end now..

to start, drain al the gas, and throw it out.
rip off the oil injector, then plug up the nipple on the carb.
premix at 32:1
run a compression test, and leak test
replace spark plug.

To start off, I use the oil injection system on my blaster. I went to ride today and didn't have much gas, so I siphoned some out out my dirtbike (also 2 stroke but premixed). So now I'm using a diluted premix and the oil injection system on my blaster. I assumed it would only smoke a little and that nothing bad would happen. I'm riding, and all of the sudden the quad bogs down and dies. I try to kick it over and it wont start. I let it sit for about 15 minutes, and tried again to no avail. Does anybody know what would be causing this?

By putting pre mix in the tank you effectivley leaned out the air fuel ratio by at least one or two jet sizes.

Owing to oil in the mix there is less fuel, which means heat, which cooks pistons.

One cannot just throw pre mix in the tank, it requires a main jet change, and a plug chop to confirm.

Pull the pipe off and look up the exhaust for signs of piston gamage.

Reactions: DeJay126
By putting pre mix in the tank you effectivley leaned out the air fuel ratio by at least one or two jet sizes.

Owing to oil in the mix there is less fuel, which means heat, which cooks pistons.

One cannot just throw pre mix in the tank, it requires a main jet change, and a plug chop to confirm.

Pull the pipe off and look up the exhaust for signs of piston gamage.

thats wht i was trying to get at I:I

Yeah, I did a compression test today and it was at 145. It's a bit strange though because at the beginning of March I did a compression test and it was at 125. Does this usually happen or would this be an indication that I messed up something yesterday with the Oil/Fuel mix.

The extra oil coming out of suspension in the crankcase could explain the raise in PSI.

But not usually 20 PSI.

That is one of the reasons that I run 25:1 to give some increase in compression.

Its running lean with more oil? I thought it would run rich and just smoke a little more than usual lol

It is running oil rich and will smoke more, but due to the premix oil thinning out the fuel mix it is running fuel lean, therefore hotter.

I went out a little bit ago and cleaned the spark plug, and it was really bad. I fouled it for sure... but I don't have another plug so I tried cleaning it with a wire brush. First kick it sputtered and then died, so i cleaned it again and it did the same thing. I'm on my way to buy a new plug right now, hopefully that'll do the job.

It is nigh impossible to clean a 2 stroke plug as they saturate with oil way up inside where the sun don't shine.

A new plug could solve the problem.

Get that premix out of the tank and carby and fill with fresh fuel.

THe piston is fine... could it be a carb problem. I put the new spark plug in it, and it fired up but would only stay running if i had the gas in a little, if I hit the throttle it would bog, and it i let go it would idle for a few seconds then die.

You may have shipped in some crap with the other fuel.

Give the carby a good clean out and try again.

I too would be looking at doing a leak down test.

You need to get that premix out of the tank and get some straight gas in there, a new plug can foul instantly with that much oil...mix and injection

or unplug the injection line from the carb and cap it off with a 1/8th inch vaccuum cap and run the premix in the tank for now

and another new plug
just to get it home

i'd also try unplugging the tors unit under the hood if this is an 88-02

when a 2 stroke plug fouls, it is not what you can see, it is oil getting up in between the electrode and porcelien, causing it to spark internally instead of externally where it should.
i have had some success with cooking the oil out with a torch, and even did it over a campfire once to get home

ps...take some kind of lock with you next trip out, in case you have to leave it there again
might as well make it a chore to steal
a cable lock to a tree, or even just a pad lock thru the sprocket and chain will make it almost imoveable without lifting it onto a truck