BOAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicivicdude

Apr 7, 2010
North Carolina
I traded my 1998 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4 with 28" GBC Gators for a 1993 Sweetwater pontoon boat with a Mercury 40 hp 4 cylinder with new carpet but no other interior.

Took it out today, took pics after returning!

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

My wife went a little crazy with the buffer yesterday, she spent 2 hours polishing the right pontoon because of pretty gnarly dock rash (it was moored at marina it looks like from the water line and dock rash)

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

sweet, i always luv'd goin out on a pontoon, got way more room to move around than a regular boat
gonna sail it at lake busco next year ???? hahahaaaaa

You should polish both pontoons! Maybe even add a Bazooka Bass Tube and some Pioneer speakers! Blast some Lil Wayne on that hog!

Nahhh just kidding. Pretty friggen sweet trade if you ask me. A quad for a boat!!!! Awesome!!!!

Looking good man!

You should polish both pontoons! Maybe even add a Bazooka Bass Tube and some Pioneer speakers! Blast some Lil Wayne on that hog!

Nahhh just kidding. Pretty friggen sweet trade if you ask me. A quad for a boat!!!! Awesome!!!!

Looking good man!

Speak to "the_mrs" about polishing... I'm not a polished sorta guy, she wanted the pontoon boat to shine, not me.

I have a marine radio to put in it and I'm going to install a set of 6x9's or something. I want a radio just for when we're bobbing in the water. Nothing crazy.... just some tunes!

kickass trade bro...i would love to have one of those

My wife's been at me for two years for a pontoon boat man. Her parents had one when she was a little girl and she had fond memories.

I told her we'd look for one this winter. I'm not much one for buying new fancy stuff so I figured on finding a project boat and working on it this winter. I stumbled across a craigslist ad the end of last week on a guy who had a pontoon who wanted to trade for a motorcycle, ATV or zero turn mower.

I made the pitch and he bit.

^^ both videos are not work safe, lol, lovin the pontoon man, them things are fun as hell, load all ur friends up and have a partay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I went more than overboard on the buffing. I got to the front tip and apparently left it in one spot, too long. I moved the buffer, saw the "mirror finish," and went, "Oooo, Shiny!" So, I went allllll the way back down that side. It didn't take that long, but that thing shook me to pieces. I guess I'll get started on the other side this week.

Yeah. I went more than overboard on the buffing. I got to the front tip and apparently left it in one spot, too long. I moved the buffer, saw the "mirror finish," and went, "Oooo, Shiny!" So, I went allllll the way back down that side. It didn't take that long, but that thing shook me to pieces. I guess I'll get started on the other side this week.

whered you get your aluminum compound?

It's No. 7 Rubbing compound. Comes in a little green and white compact. I'd equate its looks to a short tub of Turtle Wax. James bought it at the local auto part store. There's no pad or anything with it. We bought the buffer yesterday at Harbor Freight. Just some No. 7 and some wool pads. And a little elbow grease.

It's No. 7 Rubbing compound. Comes in a little green and white compact. I'd equate its looks to a short tub of Turtle Wax. James bought it at the local auto part store. There's no pad or anything with it. We bought the buffer yesterday at Harbor Freight. Just some No. 7 and some wool pads. And a little elbow grease.

alright ill go to O'reileys tomorrow and see what they have, thanks

If ya ever want to get heavy duty with the polishing fast, Eastwood sells a felt flap wheel that fits an angle grinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.