blaster wont turn over

Andrew

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan
I have a 2003 blaster and it stopped running while i was riding it. So, i got a tors removal kit. that didn't work. so then i tested the stator assembly. Found out the charge coil was bad. So i got a new one and put it in. that worked. It fired right up, but not even 30 min of riding later it bogged down and died. I tried to start it again but it wouldn't turn over, the engine seamed to be ceased. While it was down, before i figured out what was wrong, I did kick it over a lot so i'm not sure if that could be what i did wrong or not. The blaster also has a new top end put in about 4 months ago. Please help if you can!

I have a 2003 blaster and it stopped running while i was riding it. So, i got a tors removal kit. that didn't work. so then i tested the stator assembly. Found out the charge coil was bad. So i got a new one and put it in. that worked. It fired right up, but not even 30 min of riding later it bogged down and died. I tried to start it again but it wouldn't turn over, the engine seamed to be ceased. While it was down, before i figured out what was wrong, I did kick it over a lot so i'm not sure if that could be what i did wrong or not. The blaster also has a new top end put in about 4 months ago. Please help if you can!

New plug. Inspect your reeds to see if there's any cracks or chips, or you might have water in your gas. While you have your reeds out inspect the cylinder for damage

Welcome to the Forum !

Does It seem to have Compression on the Kick starter ? . did you check all the obvious areas , Carb , spark plug , Reeds ?, Search the forum for Leak down test ! . Chime back in too !

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for your help. After I took apart the flywheel I discovered that the charge coil had come off and had jammed the flywheel up causing it to die and not turn over. Is there a special way to put in a charge coil? All I did was take the old one out and bolted the new one in, and put the wires on.