Blaster won't start

2strokeMar

Jan 18, 2016
I have a 2004 Yamaha blaster I brought from someone I opened the engine and noticed the piston was broken changed the piston also put a new stator she has spark but she still doesn't start please help :confused:

Have you done a leakdown test after assembly?
Fresh bore job for new piston?
How did you clean all of the piston schrapnel out of crank case?

Have you done a leakdown test after assembly?
Fresh bore job for new piston?
How did you clean all of the piston schrapnel out of crank case?

This is all new to me but I'm not to Sure what a leak down test is ! But she has compression I've cleaned everything out with break cleaner its spot less I know it's not the carb she's clean

I wish not to burst your bubble, but washing the cases out with brake cleaner is just not good enough.

The cases need to be split and the bearings either fully cleaned or replaced.

Or it will come back to bite you!

I wish not to burst your bubble, but washing the cases out with brake cleaner is just not good enough.

The cases need to be split and the bearings either fully cleaned or replaced.

Or it will come back to bite you!

Thanks so do you think that's the problem why she won't fire up though ?

if it was with one of those cheap ebay kits I guess you didn't know they are total junk ...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDupC-xLjKAhWBbz4KHTAVCEYQFggcMAA&url=http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/niche-industries-top-end-kit.61580/&usg=AFQjCNHy7U0jDmtX9f0G5zZm6bY5iyRErQ&bvm=bv.112064104,d.cWw

also as mentioned above you need to split the cases and clean out all of the shrapnel from the previous piston and check the bearings to see if the fragments didn't tear them apart
I opened her up clean the engine completely she still doesn't start

I have a 2004 Yamaha blaster I brought from someone I opened the engine and noticed the piston was broken changed the piston also put a new stator she has spark but she still doesn't start please help :confused:
If you changed the piston, did you also hone the bore.

Slipping a new piston into a bore of unknown size, may not give enough compression to start the engine.

After any rebuild the compression will be low until the rings fully bed to the cylinder.

What is the compression reading as you said that you have compression?

a 30 dollar stator wont start the blaster.
needs a oem stator
check the tors system also
check compression/buy a comp gauge or rent one.
and if you did not completly take out the pilot jet in float bowl and clean it
then do that also.