Blaster Wont Start ?

bubba813

Apr 12, 2011
Okay So Friday i hoped on the blaster heading to a friends house.It started ran fine but soon i got out the gate of my house it said blahhh in shut down :( so i pushed it back up to the garage & try to start it started again but then shut down & now it want start back up its got spark Plenty of fuel Good compression i checked all the wiring its all good what else could it be ? foul Plug,cdi box,trash in carb,voltage regulator Or Something Else ?

Is the tors removed and if ur gettin spark it wouldnt be your stator cdi plug or coil like the frist guy said check your reeds thats what mine did whrn the reeds blew

I replace spark plug i check the reeds their fine i try starting it.It still wont start & the tors is removed i put an eliminator kit on it.Also Theirs no strange noise at all i was thinking it could be the magneto because i see it sparking but maybe its not putting out enough spark to fire? Let me know what i should do next i don't know what else to do thanks.

What color is the spark? Also is the compression easyier? How do a you know its getting fuel?

spark is Like a blue Kinda & nope its still the same & because i pull the plug out & thiers fuel all over it also the gas in the intake comming frum carb.

Sounds like your floats need adjusted. Your float valve seat(the rubber thing the needle goes into may be dirty or damaged). Usually this causes it to pour out the bottom of the float bowl thru the overflow to the ground, but it could push it back into the intake. Clean the carb up, you may be surprised. http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/easy-almost-free-way-stop-leaky-carbs-33335/
I noticed when my spark plug cap was going out when I'd kick it about 5-7 times, it would begin to expell a few plumes of smoke out of the exhaust and then by the 9th kick it would start and stay cranked for like 12 seconds or so then die.

Clean your carb up and put a new plug in it... be sure your air filter is clean and try again. Do you get it to even try to start or get a backfire at all? What's your compression at?

Alright i got some response from it today i took bowl off carb took out jet & float cleaned it all the put it back together & tryed firing it up it start couple time then shut off. that's Alot more better then what i was getting out of it before. B/c before i wasn't getting nothing out of it now its wanting to run so then i took off air filter & cleaned it so its drying rite now & also im goin to take carb off & get some carb cleaner & Clean the whole carb. & see what happens after that.