blaster wont start

bigbadblaster200

Jan 21, 2009
west park ny
hey guys i was riding my blaster the other day and some how the intake gastket got ripped so it was reving high then the chain broke so i took it home and tryed to start it and it started and it was still reving high so i changed the intake gasket so i tryed to start it nothing soo i cleaned the carb but when i pulled the carb off i poured out a ton of gas so i cleaned it and tryed again nothing so i pulled the carb off again and it poured a bunch of gass out again so i took the top end apart and there was a bunch of gas in the bottom end and a little bit on the top of the piston and the gasket between the case and cylinder was ripped at two of the corners so im waiting to get the gaskets but could it be anything else any help please

are you getting spark? and you must've been kicking the hell out of it to actually get fuel to accumulate in there

Do have a compression tester check compression sound like it ran lean and that may have burned your rings up.

check the needle seat for a worn groove in the ruber tip and check your float hight if hight is off or if u have a worn grove in the needle seat it will not cut off the gas to the carb causeing excess gas to go into the motor and case. most of the time.

hey guys i checked the float its fine the needle is fine but i dont now if it ran lean cause i pulled the plug and it was wet and black and im only running a 240 jet and there a score line on the left side of the exaust port in the cylinder so i dont know what to do and adicve guys

i havent got it back together yet cause ive been waiting on seeing what to do cuz there is a score mark on the left side of the cylinder by the exaust port and idk if i should bore or hone it or just put it back together with new rings

Well seems like you have the whole thing down to the bone. so if it is badly scored you should have it rebored with an oversize piston while you got it all loose. if its not too bad, you may get away with just honing it out... your gaskets sound in bad shape too! revving high probably means it was sucking air as a result of shot gaskets which may have resulted in engine wear. the too much fuel thing definately sounds like a sticky float of worn needle ans seat. check them all CAREFULLY. chain broke too hey.. bad day out id say!