blaster wont shut off!

YamahaBlaster03

Sep 3, 2008
Englewood,Ohio
okay so the recently this has happened twice, ill start the blasty up, then all of a sudden it keeeps revving higher and higher until its going full blast like the throttlle is all the way in but im not even touching it. then i hit the engine off button and its still going, the only way ive got it to stop is use the engine off button then put it in first, and it kills it. ive been thinking it may have something to do with my TORS ( becaus ive yet to eliminate it) or my carbeurator. i thought maybe somethings sticking and its leaving the carb wide open.

I don't think TORS is your problem. I would imagine it would cut spark instead of making your engine rev more. My quad actually did this not to long ago based on handle bar position. If you turned the quad to the right (stretching the cable), it would rev higher. A new cable, and better cable routing fixed my problem. If your's isn't that simple, next step is to clean that carb and then report back.

As far as your kill switch not working, not sure what to tell you on that one. My red kill switch does not work, I use my key switch.

Last edited:
okay well i have had the same problem with handlebar movement too. but i thought i got it fixed.well ill go back through with a new cable and im going to get the tors elimination kit anyway and clean out the carb. thanks