blaster wont idle!!!!!

BigRat71

Mar 21, 2012
cleaned the carb... checked the reeds.... but still cant figure it out anyone have any ideas? please if your gunna tell me to do somthing explain how to do it please

how do i check for spark and the jetting? but i know its losing comression because the gasket at the base of the pipe is shot and i do not have the ruber conector for where the pipe and the silencer conect.. could that be the problem?

u take the spark plug out, plug the wore into it, hold it agenst the engine head, and kick the hell out of the kick start. if it sparks, its a problem with the carb. if u havea stock engine,pipe, intake, u shouldent have to worrie about jetting. is it not running at all, or it will run, but just not idle?

it runs just no idle and its stock but does not have tors it was taken out and the idle screw has no effect on it...? it wont work

so can you keep it @ idle if you are on the throttle? does it have a tors delete or just the wires are unhooked? if it has a full delete than they may have not set the idle screw properly.

The thing I can say is to clean the carb again and make sure ALL passage ways are good and clean. When you have it off, see of turning the idle screw moves the slid any.

dont want to jack a thread but i think im having carb issues as well. rode for half hour or so and while bike was sitting at idle it just died with no warning. i fired it back while holding wot and it struggled to run for a min now nothing. has spark and fuel and new plug. running stock carb with tors removed fmf fatty and silencer, twin air filter on standard bore wiseco. and ideas guys?

it has the full tors delete... but the idle screw is like locked up and hard to turn should it be really hard to turn? should i just get a whole new box?

the box where the idle screw is on top of the carb. it has the spring in it?? and what switch? how can i adjust it at the throttle?

to adjust it at the throttle lever slide the rubber boot back where the cable goes into the box and unsrew the adjuster till you achieve the desired idle then lock the jam nut back down against the box

The cable end that goes into the thumb throttle has a threaded fitting that screws in. In screw it out some to see if that gets you idle.

sorry but im still confused but i did replace the throttle cable so maby i messed somthing up.. i think that might be the problem but i dont understand how to fix it..?

I have a downloadable manual in my sig. Look threw that and it should give you the info to see if you installed the cable correctly.