Blaster weird engine rattle?

Sep 17, 2019
My 1999 blaster runs good other than a weird noise coming from the engine and first gear being very low. I am very concerned about the noise though. Could someone tell me what it might be? I will make a link to the video of it running.

That video you cant really tell anything.how long have you had the blaster.like larry said it just started or been there.

I’m the first ten seconds of the video when I slow down you can hear the spinning rough noise.
If you worked construction/carpentry fo 30+yrs you couldn’t hear it.

start with a compression test. Then pull exhaust and look at piston and into cylinder.
From the little that I can hear I’d say piston slap, which means you should stop riding it until you figure what’s wrong with it.
When a piston starts slapping in a worn cylinder, the piston breaks and usually junks the whole engine

If you worked construction/carpentry fo 30+yrs you couldn’t hear it.

start with a compression test. Then pull exhaust and look at piston and into cylinder.
From the little that I can hear I’d say piston slap, which means you should stop riding it until you figure what’s wrong with it.
When a piston starts slapping in a worn cylinder, the piston breaks and usually junks the whole engine
Ok. The thing runs great, starts first kick every time., but I think piston slap may be true. I will pull the head and clutch cover to see. I would compression test it again but I think my tester is bad. It only reads 90 psi on all of my machines.

Just found the noise on my kx today.mine was stator side crank bearing.pulled stator cover and had slight up and down movment on flywheel.split case's today.not saying that's your problem though.but easy check

So what did you find?
Well I took it apart and found that the clutch basket was loose the basket was notched badly. I just threw it together again and put atf in it and the noise was gone. Problem is that when I put it in gear it lurched forward and stalled. I guess I have to adjust my clutch now.

Well I took it apart and found that the clutch basket was loose the basket was notched badly. I just threw it together again and put atf in it and the noise was gone. Problem is that when I put it in gear it lurched forward and stalled. I guess I have to adjust my clutch now.
Yeah check adjustment.was there deep grooves on clutch basket?might have to file them down some.
If you do try to do same amount on each finger.dots lined up on pressure plate and inner hub.

Yeah check adjustment.was there deep grooves on clutch basket?might have to file them down some.
If you do try to do same amount on each finger.dots lined up on pressure plate and inner hub.
There were deep grooves in the basket. As long has it doesn’t slip I don’t mind.