blaster top end ?'s

03blasterider

Jan 1, 2011
hey guys its been awile since i have posted to the forums but i thought i should give some updates and ask some questions about another blaster i bought. so i sold my 2003 blaster and bought a 2003 400ex yeah yeah i know but i whanted something bigger, but i did buy a 2000 blaster for $600 it is trail ported and has a fatty pipe nerf bars and some other mods. the problem is now i go to start it and it takes alot of kicks and has like no compression. i know it is the top end but its not bad should i just get rings? or sould i get a piston, or get a piston aand bore it.(it is already bored idk what too) i dont want to spend a lot so any suggestions will help, maby also some suggestions for other mods? thanks

ok thanks i know the cylender wall is in good shap from whan i looked but what about a hone or does that cost about the same as a bore?

Yip take it off measure it like thisVVVV
dbb14d5e.jpg

It's hard to say not seeing the cylinder. If you can't spec it yourself, have a good shop check it for you first . You could skip all that and just play it safe by getting it bored to the next size. Porting would be very nice if you can afford it.

If its within specs and no tore up, just throw a set of rings in it. I have dont it before and still runs. But make sure you air leak test and plug chop it to make sure you dont have the problem again.