Blaster top end rebuild

With a cylinder bore gauge. A cheap one can be had for about $50 to get you by. But honestly save the money and put it towards a shops bore and hone fees. Won't cost much more than that cheap gauge.

It isn't my first or last rebuild. I've rebuilt 4 previous blaster top ends before and have done that exact same for all and they all ran good. I'm just stumped on this one. I think I took to much off the hone thats why. If the bore gauge is a good investment then I would look into it. By the way the local shop charges $120 for a bore.

There is nothing to be stumped about.You have to much piston to cylinder clearance.How do you know if the bore is tapered and where it is tapered at if it is? How do you get the most accurate measurement needed to do cylinders?With a bore gauge. Are you using a cast or forged piston? The piston to cylinder clearance that is required is different between the two. Do you know what is required for your piston? You got lucky on the last 4. Time to educate yourself and start doing them the correct way. It's only going to make your life easier.Ken explains it very well in his vids. What type of hone did you use?