blaster starts, but wont run..Pls..HELP!!

PUDDKILLER

May 17, 2009
columbus,ohio
i just redid the top end with a .20 over.and a carb kit. i had this problem before the rebuild. it ran good for 5hr then started bogging down . my plugs are fouling out. so i got a piston / carb kit that are all stock kit's. i have a 2002 blaster bore to a .20 over. but the bike is stock. pls help me you can call me if it helps 614-747-7165 Jerry.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm is the smoke coming out of your pipe white?. and are you running a stock main jet if not what size is in there now?.

yes ron iit smokes white alittle. its a stock jet. and its new gas. when it ran good. i took it out to the woods and it ran fine for 5 hr. then it started fouling the plug in like 20min. i put a new plug in it ran good for 10min then started bogging like it does. i had no air box lid and it was vary dusty that day. i check the reeds they are good .but now i put a new plug in it still bogging down

your crank seal could be leaking or leaking from the 2 case halfs, and its getting into your crank case and its getting mixed in with your gas/oil and getting burned up.

this is a new plug just ran it for 15min.
plug2.jpg

plug1.jpg

plug.jpg

just put a new stock jet, carb rebuild kit. yes the tors is still on the carb. remember it ran fine for alittle bit. and then started doing this.

i just had to ask this since you said it was dusty that day. did u try cleaning the air filter??? maybe its not getting enough air cuz its clogged???

i just had to ask this since you said it was dusty that day. did u try cleaning the air filter??? maybe its not getting enough air cuz its clogged???

i think i did..lol i took it out and cleaned it but you know its always 420 around here. maybe i didnt clean it good. ill try taking it off. and dude there was alot of dust. so if the dust got in the motor. what parts do you think it effected? it scare me to think some oil is in my caseing . when i put the piston in i saw some dark oil was in the case. but my gear oil is clear oil. so you think the was the 2 stroke oil ?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are having the same problem right now out of a built 240 blaster it will start but as soon as you touch the throttle it kills it. Check your spark it needs to be a thick blue spark. Ours had a light blue spark it had just enough spark to start then it kills it when you touch the gas because it doesn't have enough spark to burn the gas so we had to order a new coil. If you got a friend with a blaster try switching out the coils and see if that is it.

We are having the same problem right now out of a built 240 blaster it will start but as soon as you touch the throttle it kills it. Check your spark it needs to be a thick blue spark. Ours had a light blue spark it had just enough spark to start then it kills it when you touch the gas because it doesn't have enough spark to burn the gas so we had to order a new coil. If you got a friend with a blaster try switching out the coils and see if that is it.

ill try that too. i have a spare blaster for parts

could be a crank seal leak clean yor carb and jets put race gas in it and it sonds like my blaster when its ot of gas or the jets are plugged