blaster snorkle???

2stroke4life

Jan 9, 2008
northern va
recently this weekend i went through some pretty big water puddles out on the trial and when i hit them my blaster would smoke obiously when i hit the water, but then i had a loss of power, it felt like when you fit start it and open it up, like u know how you have to go through a couple of gears on a 2 stroke. and so i think water got in my air box, becuase i run open, and im not willing to go back to closed, does anyone have suggestions on how to keep water out but have the same performance as open air box. water screen???idk any suggestions

buy the k&n air box lid cover and spray the hell out of it with that waterproof spray from footlocker and incase water does get in put some cloth or sponges or sumthing in the air box surrounding the air filter.. not covering but surrounding and try to seal the new k&n lid on with silicon so water doesnt seep thru the cracks

hey man i hear you open is better for power. the only thing u can do is either make a snorkel and put your filter in top or jus stay outa deep water like the rest of us lol
snorkel shouldent be hard to make i have my filter behind my bumper it adds lots of power it was easy to do I used some felxable hose and clamped it on my carb and put the filter on the end and bolted it there

recently this weekend i went through some pretty big water puddles out on the trial and when i hit them my blaster would smoke obiously when i hit the water, but then i had a loss of power, it felt like when you fit start it and open it up, like u know how you have to go through a couple of gears on a 2 stroke. and so i think water got in my air box, becuase i run open, and im not willing to go back to closed, does anyone have suggestions on how to keep water out but have the same performance as open air box. water screen???idk any suggestions

As with going through any water, you should be careful, especially right now while it's cold outside. If you have been riding hard and the temp on the engine is high, you may increase your chances of cracking your engine.

Either way, for a snorkel, I would take some Rubber PVC plumbing pipe and put an air filter on the end of it. You would still have to do something with the exhaust though.

this is kind of off topic but i think i am going to steal that guys idea a couple posts up... flexible hose attached to the carb and im going to run the hose up over the engine and then weld an aluminum box to the frame that has 3 28mm metal pipes coming out of it and put 3 pod K&N filters and chrome out the metal box so it looks cool and of course make sure the box is air tight and maybe put another filter into the inside of some sort so if dirt did get inside the box through the 3 filters it would be filtered again and it would look sweet anyway!

this is kind of off topic but i think i am going to steal that guys idea a couple posts up... flexible hose attached to the carb and im going to run the hose up over the engine and then weld an aluminum box to the frame that has 3 28mm metal pipes coming out of it and put 3 pod K&N filters and chrome out the metal box so it looks cool and of course make sure the box is air tight and maybe put another filter into the inside of some sort so if dirt did get inside the box through the 3 filters it would be filtered again and it would look sweet anyway!

The only thing you have to remember is, you can always have a bigger pipe near the filter and reduce the size going to the carb, just not the other way around!

Please post pics too!