Blaster Seams to Be Slipping

BrigmanPros22

Jan 6, 2012
Victorville, CA
Hopefully someone can help out with my problem. I have rebuilt the Top End with New Reeds, New Piston WSM and Rings, New Bearings and Seals. I have removed the Tors and Running a Toomey B1 pipe with silencer. Now the problem is when I accelerate the Bikes RPMS rev up real high and doesn’t seem like it wants to go anywhere. I shift and the rpms stay high it almost seems like something is slipping. When I drive the quad half throttle it rides fine. It feels like the Power band is kicking in too late and then when I shift its staying at that RPM… Any suggestions or thoughts?

sounds like your clutch is slipping. Make sure you run the right trans oil, This is the biggest culprit. You should probably replace the plates and springs, theres HD springs on ebay (ment for "240" blasters). Some even saggest to remove the spring washer and odd fiber plate to get every last bit of grip, you replace it with reg fiber.

The Driveline 240HD has a rather "harsh" clutch pull for a stock bore blaster. The clutch pulls great and I do like the fact that driveline includes an extra fiber to replace the wavy washer but they also sell a "HD" kit in addition to the "240HD". The regular "HD" is more than enough for pretty much any blaster and doesn't harsh your left hand as bad.

I have also run a Tusk clutch. Works great and for the price, hard to beat. However, it's a stock replacement style clutch pack and does not include an extra ful size fiber for replacing the wavy washer.

If someone is going to wear out a clutch fiber disc, it's going to be the one half thick fiber that includes the wavy washer....

I ordered the Tusk HD Clutch Kit off eBay yesterday. Should be in a few days, I'm hoping it fixes the problem. I just don’t understand how the RPM's go so high on acceleration and the Blaster doesn’t go anywhere. I'm thinking it’s definitely the Clutch and possibly the springs.