blaster running away

Colton Case

Apr 1, 2014
Saint Joseph, Missouri
i got a pre 03 blaster just had a rebuild and it was runing fine threw brake in and it started running away on every start wont come down from high reving once started have to kill it everytime. any help where to start?

compression is good could it still have a leak

sure could

check your throttle cable routing hasn't been altered during the reinstall.
is the carb slide notch aligned with pin on kicker side of carb throat ?

leakdown test, there's a build DIY in that section, or holler if you need one, i have 3 left

Dude u prolly have low gas in the carb making it idle high check the float..that's my opion u said the carb moved?lol make sure u getting the right amount of gas

with the engine off, press the throttle all the way, and let go of it
if it doesnt go back right away, you might need a new cable, or maybe some crap is in the carb body where the slide is

Airleak test as stated, i say it again because some people dont listen to the first 5 times and think it is not necessary..

Leak Testing is Necessary! :D

Thought u said it moved,and yes the gas screw might need adjusted,turn it all the way in till it stops the back it out about 2 full turns,the screw right where ur gas line plugs in

I think it works like the more turns out..the more air u are leakin right?u can tell if its leaking by the gas screw js

Lol I don't need ya smart books I'm just how I figured mine out without ur help lol rebuilt my bike no one helped me lol runs great no problems

U can listen to these guys with there leak test things they told me to buy along time ago lmao u can tell if u have a air leak dude,take ur filter off and lister for air pulling threw,put apiece of paper behind the card see if its sucking

Please read up before you try to help... no offense

There is no "gas screw"

the screw you are talking about is the air screw, and its best to start with 1.5 turns outwards

If u feel it suckin u have a different problem like the gas,do the gas screw like I said...just try it who know might be a miracle! Lol