Blaster questions... pics included

C

ciscokid930

Hey, I bought my blaster off someone on craigslist a year or so ago... Ran fine up until one day i was driving and it just started to stop on me... on and off then it just died. It hasn't been running since and ive been trying to fix it. At first i thought it was the spark plug but it sparks when i take it out and kick. Now i think its the carb, i just cleaned it with some carb cleaner and put it back on. I got some engine starter stuff and sprayed it in where the air filter is and kicked it. Nothing happened, not even a little pop or anything. If the spark plug worked shouldn't it at least do something? I just noticed this tube that was ripped on my carb on the right side of my blaster. Can anyone tell me what this tube does? I'm new to ATV's so if i sound a bit ignorant please excuse that...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/iMaciMan/help.jpg?t=1209335674

the parts highlighted in red are where the tube are connected and where the tube is ripped.

thanks

do u premix?
if not ur running leannnnnnn that tube carries ur oil if you still use the oil injector and if your not premixing ur oil ur f*cked
if you dont clog that hole even tho u r premixing ur letting air in and ur f*cked

yes thats your oil pump line, and if its not getting spark check your grounds and your coil!

yeah... i premix... the oil injector was bypassed when the dude sold it to me.

so ill just clog that hole with something since its for the oil injection and i don't use it anymore so i don't let air in. Is it irreversable if i let my blaster run for so long without plugging it up? Can that do perminant damage?

and what is my grounds and coil? where are they found and how do i test them?

thanks

plug line and the carb end too most likely u sucked dirt into ur engine same state mine was in when i got it.. fried rings..check ur compression make sure tors isnt messed up clean carb....

plug line and the carb end too most likely u sucked dirt into ur engine same state mine was in when i got it.. fried rings..check ur compression make sure tors isnt messed up clean carb....

I cleaned my carb earlier today... and i checked my compression and there was enough compression to blow my finger off the hole (spark plug hole).

What should i do if i sucked dirt into my motor... is that enough to leave the blaster compleetly dead?