Blaster Problems

stayblazin

May 21, 2008
Whats up i need help i have a 2004 blaster i just installed toomey pipe and jetted the carb. It seem like everything went fine the bike idle good and everything but when i started driving it. it would bog in every gear. so i fingured i might have jetted wrong so i took apart the carb and checked it. but everything was good so i pop it back on and still had the same problem . so then i started checking the air fliter (it's a toomey uni air fliter and cover was drilled with 1 inch holes with filters ) so i took off the air fliter and cover and tryed to riding it like that ,it was riding great. so my question is why is my bike only riding good with out the air fliter?why isnt getting air?

umm, maybe im stating the obvious, but how often do you clean your air filter?

sounds to me like either the filter is clogged or you have too large of a jet and running too rich.

It's brand new air fliter and it's the jet toomey gave me its 310. and i also need the air box cover off to make it work right

Last edited:
take off air box lid mine did same thing when i jetted it. i wouldnt run it without an airfilter

its not the airfilter thats restricting. its the airbox lid. just take it off. put the filter back on lol. if you do a lot of mudding you may want the airbox lid, but you'll have to put a smaller jet in to run it like that.