Blaster possibly loading up. No idea why

Seth Rowe

Oct 18, 2019
Hi I just recently posted in here with my blaster. I rebuilt the carb and took it back to stock settings. It had the needle clip a notch above stock. So in the 2nd notch from the top. And it had a 250 main and stock 32.5 pilot. After I rebuilt it was terribly sluggish didn't want to run. So I put the 250 main back in and tried and same thing. After a couple days I changed the needle clip back to the previous owners position. It now runs better then before and it seems to I guess load up with gas and bog down and die. Not quite sure why. I've fiddled with air screw, checked float heights. Any ideas would help. Also it only has airbox lid removed, stock exhaust, and tors delete. Everything to my eye seems totally stock. Will post pictures if needed.

How does your spark look? Fat blue or lazy yellow? Plug condition? Heat range?
Float height measured without gasket and carb at slight angle?

Plug I replaced looked a darker brown to black. Plug was a new plug that was replaced no more then 2 weeks ago when I bought it. If your meaning my temperature. Its been low to high 60s recently. If you mean the quad then I would say it's been normal temps from when I bought it. Couldn't give you exact number but I notice no change in it being cooler or hotter. Maybe a few cooler since carb rebuild which caused all this. Float height was measured doing awk08s (I think that's his username here on the forum I'm new) float height measuring method. It runs pretty good now up until about warm up. But still unsure why it needs the needle clip in the notch above stock. I'm figuring out that the air box lid off would roughly require the 250 main but can't see it needing the needle clip changed for such a small mod

Plan to do a compression test tonight or tomorrow as well since someone said when it gets warm and wants to die it could be low compression. I've been curious about the compression myself since i can't always get it to kick start. Any ideas of a good compression range? I saw 110-130 with 100 being bare minimum. Just stating what I saw so someone with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again for all the help. Much appreciated

Also may try a plug chop if I can get it to run long enough. Unless it's not a good idea yet. I'm new to all of this so that's why I have so many questions before jumping in. Knowledge is power!

Must update it seems it has a dg exhaust but stock silencer. I think it's a dg. The badge is kinda pitted and rusted so it was hard to make out

Well now it doesn't start at all... Also found the VIN after layers of paint removal and found out it's not a 2000 but a 88. Soo after days and days of messing with it... I'm selling it. No more blasters or four wheelers for that matter. One and done for me. Thanks for the help I did get. Anybody on here wants it let me know. In Ohio pictures upon request. Not the prettiest but I'm sure someone can use it