blaster motor enduro

mx5coco

Jun 14, 2012
so im finishing up a blaster motor enduro project. bike is a 2006 zongshen 200. motor is a 1996 blaster bored to 67.5 weisco top end kit, boysen reeds, custom velosity stack and cone filter, kx 80 procircuit exhaust welded to stock flange here is some pics and if any one has any advise on jetting i would like to hear it

Attachments

• stupid thing.jpg
    stupid thing.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 345
  • stupidthing2.jpg
    stupidthing2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 359
  • stupidthing3.jpg
    stupidthing3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • stupidthing4.jpg
    stupidthing4.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 334
  • stupidthing5.jpg
    stupidthing5.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 305
thats pretty cool dude hard to say jetting with such a different sytle pipe. you should be able to do a plug chop and find out, im intrested into what jet would work. Should upload us some videos of it running and to here what she sounds like.

ill be getting more current pictures and a video.. it progresses every day and what is this plug chop i hear about? just checking for proper coloring? cause its lean by those standards

heres some from today

Attachments

• stupidthing8.jpg
    stupidthing8.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 319
  • stupidthing 9.jpg
    stupidthing 9.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 275
  • stupidthing7.jpg
    stupidthing7.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 309
  • stupidthing6.jpg
    stupidthing6.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 305
Nice Project ! , I'm Thinking Your Loosing Power With That pipe and Silencer Setup , Also About The Air Filter , Are Blaster's Supposed to have An Oil Covered Air Filter ? That Might be The Reasoning It Being Lean

i agree with you on the exhaust, my welds actually leak a bit too so its deff not the best set up, as for the intake the filter is actually dry i foud it at an auto parts store but im sure its half the reason i need different jetting

I Would Try an Take The Intake Tube From the Blaster And Use it With a Stock Filter Setup , And Swap The Exhaust For a Blaster Head Pipe And Silencer , If its the same exhaust and intake setup then it should be almost close to being the right Air fuel mixture !

If your welds are leaking, you are going to be chasing your tail trying to jet the pipe.

To be able to jet correctly, both the intake and the exhaust must be leak free.

The kinetics are going to be wrong with a pipe desinged for an 80cc motor.

stock pipe is nowhere even close to an option because of the different shape on an atv vs a bike but i will get another one and weld it better, maybe a bigger one then do a plug chop as i was told and get this thing right thanks for the input more photos and possibly a vid coming soon

yes these blaster filters should be soaked in oil. like mx bikes and such. unless you have a paper filter or some other type. ya that 80cc pipe may be abit off for the motor but its intresting to see how she will go. a dt200 pipe would be what you may want. but looking at that pro circit 80cc pipe it dosnt look to far off in size then what a dt200 runs. best to make a flange to bolt to the motor and have it slip inside or over the pipe.

that was my bike on cl i was curious what its worth.. if i could find a good deal on a dt pipe id be willing to try it

that was my bike on cl i was curious what its worth.. if i could find a good deal on a dt pipe id be willing to try it
Ebay should have some.Its the same motor as the blaster just water cooled head.The specks for that pipe should match the motor depending on year and shoud be able to get the correct jetting I beleive.