Blaster grab bar

Midwayusa

Mar 8, 2009
Near Manhattan, Kansas
Dumb question, but are Blaster grab bars offset to the right? Bought a cheap $41 grab bar on E-Bay. Bolt it up and it is offset to the right and looks odd to me. Fully funtional and was able to mount one of my spare Banshee tail lights to it, just looks odd.

they look to be off set because the way they mount but if you look at the frame to the grab bar its straight. its just the way they welded the mounting tabs to the frame. it looked off to me too but if you have the right grab bar it will be straight on the bike

here is a pic of the bar I bought:

def1_12.jpg

Last edited:
thats not a blaster bar. i think thats a banshee bar. here are pics of blaster bars. there tabs are mounted offset to make up for the offset tabs on the frame.

140-2-1.jpg

i guess u have all ur answers.. so yes its offset to the right and yes that bar u have is a blaster bar but aftermarket. i was gonna buy the same one the other day but got this instead: AC MX Grab Bar with Number Plate Blaster 200 Alloy - eBay (item 270704938816 end time Mar-21-11 21:09:16 PDT) i should be getting mine tmrw in the mail

Looks like the mounts on that one are welded the same as mine. I sent the guy a message on e-bay letting him know. I modified it so I can't really ask to return it. Should have mounted it and looked at it before hand. Just tried to get ahead of the game at work so I coould mount it up when I got home. We have a tig welder at work. I may get some strap material and really modify it. Should have just built one from scratch!!

Last edited by a moderator:
u made me realize something.. so ure saying u had to weld the four nuts in to the bar so that the bolts would mount up? bc thats what it looks like on both our bars. theres no nut welded to the bar. wth?

my nounts are straight too. it is a dg and it looks offset also. i thought it was just a aftermarket blaster thing

i have one of these funky looking ones on my fresh rebuild as of now, originally bought used for my sons, but before long i'll be getting a "wider" one for mine,
i beleive it was an "AC" i had back in the day on my '96, and the offset difference was made up as the 2 bars double bent to match the wider, round stock, grab bar

look into the slightly wider ones for a better fit

edit.... after looking for one like my old one, i'm not seeing it,
even on "ac racings" website
it was a medium wide one, possibly called, "desert series"
any one see sumthin like described, lemme know

edit 2.... heres one, its the offroad series, not as heavy duty as the old one, but still offset for looks.....................

http://www.atv-parts-accessories.com/2071.html

Last edited:
u made me realize something.. so ure saying u had to weld the four nuts in to the bar so that the bolts would mount up? bc thats what it looks like on both our bars. theres no nut welded to the bar. wth?

I didn't have to weld on it or anything. It bolted right up. I had to drill two new holes to widen the tail light mounts. I don't have an original Blaster tail light but instead used a spare Banshee light I had. I also had to do a little grinding on the right hand forward side so my exhaust hanger would fit behind the bar. Could not move the hanger to the outside at all and make it work.

Not sure it would make a difference, but could it be mounted upside down? I have a wider bar but I think the flag tab on mine is on the left. Maybe just the way mine was manufactured though.

Not sure it would make a difference, but could it be mounted upside down? I have a wider bar but I think the flag tab on mine is on the left. Maybe just the way mine was manufactured though.

Makes no difference. I held it up there the other direction and it is still offset. The mounting bars are welded in centered in the tube and there is just no offset at all.