Blaster go kart?

I have a friend who tried something like this with a 250 quadrunner. He had access to everything a welder, plasma cutter, grinder and everything else in-between. Needless to say, buy the time he cut up the frame and widend/exteded, mounted up the shocks, he gave up. Now I'm not saying it can't be done, but it will be a ton of work to make it up.
Good luck man.

Yeah, ive been thinking about it and im not going to widen the suspension any. Just the frame between like the swing arm and the a-arms, just the middle. That will be where ill put the roll cage, seat, and motor.

And im also working it around my budget. I like the 250 4 stroke because its all there, so id just have to work it into the frame and most likely not have to work on the motor or anything. If the banshee parts are going to be cheap im going to use them. If not im just going to work with what i have them later on start making it better. The nice thing about this is ill be able to do a lot of the mods that id do to a blaster, except for the motor.

I just got a reply about the motor. Its out of a 1986 250sx 3 wheeler, which is semi auto and shaft drive. The semi auto would be nice, but i dont think the shaft drive will work. I guess im now in the hunt for another motor, or just live with the little 7 hp briggs. Also if anybody has any banshee front hubs, spindles, rotors, and calipers let me know. I will need some front brakes. I think all of the set ups i found are gone already.

Ok, i gotta question about the banshee stuff. Im 99% sure that im going to do the banshee front brakes, but not sure about the rear end. If i can get this stuff cheap im going to just so i dont have to worry about the blaster stuff. But is this a good list so i can start working on a good roller with working front and rear brakes? Ive been reading and this is the list ive came up with so far for it all to work. Im trying to get together a list of what all i want to try to get so i can start searching and getting prices.

front shocks(not important)
front spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers
rear axle, hubs, spindles, rotor, caliper, reservoir, pedal, axle carrier
and all 4 rims and tires

I have an update on the Blaster Buggy. I went up to my brothers to help him with something and started messing with the blaster. My a-arms are lose, front brakes work but the cable is locked up, and the front hubs dont turn easy. Well, im 99% sure im buying banshee front hubs, spindles, rotors, and 2 a-arm rebuild kits to replace the blaster stuff. Im also trying to get a 1983-84 250r rear shock for 25 or 30 shipped. For front brakes im looking at getting some CBR 600rr dual front discs, and making them work. I found some rear tires locally for 50 bucks and maybe some cheap fronts on here. I think i got the ok from dad to get most of the stuff, so hopefully i can pay for it and start having parts come in next week. My brother is working on a pipe rack for one of our work trucks so for now the blasty is sitting outside and waiting for something to be done to it. I tried sitting in it tonight and i want to widen the center of the frame 3 inches or so on each side, and it will be 3-4 feet longer. I already have an idea for the petals, and i might not have to mess with the steering stem to much to put on a steering wheel. I'm still not sure what im doing for a motor, but it doesnt matter right now. Once i start getting parts in and on ill be sure to post up pics.

I definetely wouldn't mind having something like the kart in that video.That thing looks like somebody put alot of time into it.

Yeah, i might make it similar to that but im not sure. Last night i went to my brothers and got bored so i got a tape measure and started measuring out the wheel base. Somehow i came up with 95 inches for the wheelbase, so right around 8 feet. But i didnt do my measuring exactly. I eyeballed lining up the tape measure since im just getting a rough idea. I think im going to put the seat where the axle is, the motor behind the seat and leave 16 inches open for the motor, and then the swingarm. If i can figure out how to do the shifter linkage and clutch setup ive found a 1981 Honda CB650 in decent shape that needs some work. The guy wants 200 because he bought it to fix the problem, but never worked on it and wants to sell it. My brother would rather use the small 6 or 7hp briggs that runs like crap because it would be very easy to hook up and be ready to go. I would rather use the 63hp inline 4 that revs up to like 10k, does 105 stock, and 0-60 in like 5 seconds but it is more complicated to get to work. So if anybody has any ideas or designs that you used to swap a motor into a buggy please let me know. Also, if anybody knows of a good site that could help me a bunch with it, let me know. I need to try to get an idea for what i want to do with the roll cage.