Blaster front brakes won’t activate

hwk11222

Apr 5, 2020
Hey all, have an 89 blaster just put a new front brake shoe on my passenger side (waiting on the driver shoe did not show up at same time for some reason) and since i put the new drum on the passenger side it no longer will brake on that side the driver side still brakes with the worn shoe. My guess is that the line puts all the tension onto the worn shoe therefore not letting the new shoe on the opposite side activate. I tried adjusting everything for at least an hour or 2. Obviously once i get the other shoe i will put it on to see if that was the problem. But wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows something thanks.

Hey all, have an 89 blaster just put a new front brake shoe on my passenger side (waiting on the driver shoe did not show up at same time for some reason) and since i put the new drum on the passenger side it no longer will brake on that side the driver side still brakes with the worn shoe. My guess is that the line puts all the tension onto the worn shoe therefore not letting the new shoe on the opposite side activate. I tried adjusting everything for at least an hour or 2. Obviously once i get the other shoe i will put it on to see if that was the problem. But wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows something thanks.
They are cable so it will work or not.not like hydraulic brakes . take drum off .something must be installed incorrectly.look at other side .springs on right. Try activating brake with drum off so you can visually see why shoes a not moving. Or not moving enough. Adjust at wheel

Besides what Sly mentioned above, I'd check in the splitter too to see that both cables are both attached to the block in there, the clear plastic cover comes off with the 2 small screws, shoot some lube down the cables and a little grease on the moving parts in there while ya have to cover off

Besides what Sly mentioned above, I'd check in the splitter too to see that both cables are both attached to the block in there, the clear plastic cover comes off with the 2 small screws, shoot some lube down the cables and a little grease on the moving parts in there while ya have to cover off
Yea figured out the problem don’t know the technical terms but i just had to readjust the arm the cable pulls and the piece that extends the shows inside of the drum in order for it to bite properly front brakes now work like brand new

Reactions: Slydog
Yea figured out the problem don’t know the technical terms but i just had to readjust the arm the cable pulls and the piece that extends the shows inside of the drum in order for it to bite properly front brakes now work like brand new
Good job.Just make sure they are adjusted even between both sides so the bike doesn't pull to left or right