Blaster Exhaust Mod

Joshua Lamb

Aug 15, 2014
Anyone know what I can do to make my blaster sound more 2-stroke ish.. Like is there anyway i can modify the exhaust? I dont want to buy a pipe or anything.

A 2 stroke sounds like a 2 stroke what ever you do to the silencer or pipe.

What sound do you want to accomplish?

I have the FMF power core 2 silencer. I want it sound like its not bogged or the stock sound

I got the feeling your looking for that cool 2 stroke dirt bike sound. You will at least have to upgrade your exhaust to get close to that sound.

Reactions: DeJay1206
removing the baffle from the stock silencer helps alittle for that "ting ,ting" your after I've just done it myself.

Plug chop also after altering the baffle it makes a difference.

full pipe and inlet and head mods for the real deal screaming 2 stroke sound

Anyone know what I can do to make my blaster sound more 2-stroke ish.. Like is there anyway i can modify the exhaust? I dont want to buy a pipe or anything.

you can remove the 3 screws holding the baffle into the silencer can, then use a cutoff wheel to remove the cone shaped spark arrestor thats welded on the inner most end of the stinger tube.
it gives it a little better sound

I got the feeling your looking for that cool 2 stroke dirt bike sound. You will at least have to upgrade your exhaust to get close to that sound.

I've got something that sounds exactly like that :cool:

I had the factory seven on my blaster and the powercore 2 on my other blaster. The powercore 2 sounds horrible, they are way too high pitched, it's annoying. The best sounding pipe on a blaster is the Toomey. No matter what it'll never sound like a 250 2 stroke bike. That's a sound I could make love to, if that's possible.

So, my suggestion...ditch the powercore 2 and get a Toomey. Those powercores sound horrible imo.

The f7 I had sounded great, but some people don't like a top end pipe.

fmf has a low growl to it,cuz it is a mid to low pipe n silencer,get a mid to high pipe it you want it to be LOUDER,toomey silencer is pretty loud cuz it is tiny,plus mid to high,it will not sound like a 2 stoke dirt bike unless you spend huge money on getting some horsepower......stock blaster 17hp..stock yz125 39hp......get it lol:Do_O i dont remember the rpm of the blaster and the yz ect .. it might be louder if you take lid off airbox and rejet to compensate..