Blaster engine cases blown ?

Well that don't help lol. Still need some helps guys

Repair is always an option, I do weld cases up. I have them prerepaired and waiting to go and take yours in as "cores" to repair to turn over to the next person who needs some. It means I'm not in a huge time crunch and I can get you riding again pretty darned quick. I can have you a set of cases out in a day in most cases (I have to change around bearings, oil seals, and alugnment dowels once yours arrive to get the new cases in the same condition as your old ones).

How much we looking

Sorry, missed your reply til today. Send me a Private Message about it including pictures and we can discuss it. My "normal" fee for repairing cases is $50 per side but there is no such thing as a "normal" set of cases, or break so it's more case by case (no pun intended! LMAO!)

SCD, would you do case trenching along with a case repair? I've got an extra set of cases that came with the 01.

I Did JonS's +4 trenching by hand but what a PAIN IN THE BUTT. Now that I have the lathe setup, I'd like to try and make a flycutter type head and mount the cases to the bed and give it another go. Just haven't found anyone willing to "release the SCD" on their cases yet... if you'd like to discuss it further, PM me. Let's try not to crud up the OP's thread :D

Triplecrown had the same sort of break here: JB Welding holes !!

He split the cases, roughed up the aluminum, cleaned it with acetone and applied the JBweld and fiberglass cloth. Notice it was split into the transmission too.

Cheap and dirty, it is still holding up, not leaking.
If I were putting money into the engine I'd get better cases or weld them, but this is an option.

How much would it cost to repair a 450 if this happened?
Unfortunately I can tell you... More than my Blaster is worth...

I do agree. One guy on here is going to help me out so 600 for new Vito crank. New .40 piston. Heavy duty springs. Clutch kit.