Blaster drag build

racerdonnie13

Sep 29, 2011
Ive decided to build a drag blaster after being at busco beach and see some of those things ripping down the track. This is my first blaster, and first time building a drag bike so any advise, comments, or help is welcome. I picked up a blaster local that was all torn apart that the guy was redoing. He got another bike and lost interest in this one. He had the bottom end done by a local shop. It has a 3mil crank and a bunch of bearings and seals were replaced. It also has the vitos 240 clylinder and head.

Are you looking to "have fun" or be competitive?

Competitive costs a LOT more... LOL What sort of fuel/tires/engine setup are you thinking of running?

Got it torn all apart the other day to start working on lightening the frame up some. heres some pics.
0032.jpg

0022.jpg

0012.jpg

Are you looking to "have fun" or be competitive?

Competitive costs a LOT more... LOL What sort of fuel/tires/engine setup are you thinking of running?

Looking to be competitive. Engine will be aftermarket cylinder, drag port, stroker crank, lockup clutch, overide trans, on methanol. tires probably 22in 12 paddle staggard extremes

Thanks bro. Its gonna be a wintertime project so it will take some time to complete. Hopefully it will be a fun build and wont drain my bank account 8-|

I said the same thing until I had 5 weeks of FRANTIC build going on trying to make it to Busco in September. I ended up not bringing mine because of the weather (and a little because it wasn't ready)

Good luck with the back account... LOL :D

Good luck with the back account... LOL :D

Yea tell me about it. I do alot of side work with my neighbor so thats the money im gonna use to build the bike. I made like 450 bucks with him in the past few days, so now its time to buy something :D

good start bro, it is pretty amazing how quick u can make these little blastys go without killing the bank account...hopefully my dragger will be done for next yrs trip, so with urs well have 2 more blastys in that class, drag blastys everywhere lol

turns out i was able to play a part in this build. i just finished a few parts up today for donnie. +6 chromoly swingarm and adjustable chromoly struts. you will have these really soon man.

donniesparts3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dustin lafeir
turns out i was able to play a part in this build. i just finished a few parts up today for donnie. +6 chromoly swingarm and adjustable chromoly struts. you will have these really soon man.

wow Matt those parts you built look very clean brotha. great work once again man. im sure Donnie will be more than happy I:I

Ive decided to build a drag blaster after being at busco beach and see some of those things ripping down the track. This is my first blaster, and first time building a drag bike so any advise, comments, or help is welcome. I picked up a blaster local that was all torn apart that the guy was redoing. He got another bike and lost interest in this one. He had the bottom end done by a local shop. It has a 3mil crank and a bunch of bearings and seals were replaced. It also has the vitos 240 clylinder and head.

Welcome to our home! Another ES2 crossover Whoo Hoo! Sounds like ya have a great plan, i hope to make it there for the first time next year, be awesome to see all the blaster draggers take the show over!

Got some work done on the frame last weekend. Trimmed a little excess weight off and cleaned it up a little.
005-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg