Blaster cr80 flat tracker

here s my attempt at building my son a new race quad. This one will be just for flat track racing. So far ive bought a blaster and got just about enough spare parts to put another one together. Bought a 2002 cr80 bike to use the engine out of. so far ive gotten everything tore apart, new bearings and bushings installed. we re running a 1 1/4 kart axle and kart tires. this week ill be working on getting motor mounts figured out and getting the rear brake mounted. we ll be running a gsxr set up but since the kart brake disk is so much smaller than a blaster I don't think awks brakes would work

family sport for sure. since I don't own a welder or know how to use one yet ive got some friends working on motor mounts today. looks like its going pretty good. the air box is in the way of the banshee rear shock that im running and the silencer dosent fit with the air box so im just gonna remove it and run a k &n air filter.

Got the rear brake bracket figured out I think. made a bracket and it fits but its embarrassing how ugly it is. I suppose it give s me a good template to work off of and make the next one better. also learned that to mount kart tires they don't just pop on the bead like a normal tire. turns out you need a tire bander. pretty much just a big piece of sheet metal that wraps around the outside of the tire, forcing the rubber to go out and onto the bead. no big deal though, getting one made right now.

no, fit in pretty good. had to cut 3/4 an inch off of the engine mount so it would fit between the swing arm. then just fab up the other 2 mounts. exhaust was a lil tricky. had to get rid of the air box and battery box to make room. ill just run an uni filter with an outers, should be fine.

Small lower profile tires can be a pain in the sphincter at times..

Nice looking flat tracker btw. It's looking sweet.. Keep up the progress..I:I Im interested in what gearing you are going to use..

yes on the case saver, 15 is stock cr gear, wont be able to go any bigger cuz theirs just no more room. im only thinking the 48 is too little from eye balling some other quads with a similar set up. good thing is rebel gear keeps sprockets in stock for a 420 chain to kart hub.