Blaster Carb Help

91blaster

I want to upgrade my carburetor on my 1991 blaster. I dont want to spend $170 on a carb so..... I was wondering if the stock carb off of a Honda TRX250R will work on the Blaster? I think stock the carb on the TRX 36mm. Will it?

Since atvs generally have the carb held on by hoses i dont see why you couldnt make it work, just have to rig up the throttle cable to work with it

Have you ever heard of anyone putting a 250R carb on a Blaster? Do you know of a company that bores carbs? How much does the bore on the carb cost and what mm do they bore it too?

Oh by the way my Blaster is bored out to a 240 with Wiseco's kit. I want to get the full potential of the big bore so i want to upgrade the carb.

yes 91 blaster i have heard so many people doing that taking the carb off a 250r it will work and good choice you are right u will need the full potential off the 240 so get that 36mm

and DO not bore your carb its not good anyway even if you bore it i dont think its enough for the 240 cause ppl say the 26mm is too small for the stock blaster...

Oh by the way my Blaster is bored out to a 240 with Wiseco's kit. I want to get the full potential of the big bore so i want to upgrade the carb.

You do not have a blaster bored to 240. You either have a 240 kit (like vitos), or you have a .40 bore with a wiseco. .40 does not add 40cc's, it adds like .05 cc's. sorry.

I suggest something around 30-32mm. 34-36mm is overkill unless you have a true 240 kit, or some serious port work.

I know I have a kit from Wiseco that makes my Blaster a 240. So do you think 36 is overkill? I am buying a K&N airfilter when i buy it. I have aftermarket reeds, a FMF fatty and FMF Powercore II kit. I'm not sure what level of modication this is considered. Let me know.

Thank you for all your help. I will let everyone know how it goes and how it performs after I put it in.

Thx