Blaster bogging

Marco

Jul 24, 2013
Another thread...

Im new in Blaster world, and buy 2002 Blaster from a friend wich its stopped in past 2 years.

All stock only with procircuit titatium pipe and procircuit exhaust, airbox lid on and twist throttle

- Carburator cleaning with new needle and needle seat to stop leaking, float size ~22mm. 250 main jet, 4th grove in needle (Starting count bottom).

- New spark plug

- Reeds ok with no crak or bent

- Tors remove, only that top thing on carb its on and adjust idle speed there

- Good compression 135psi

- fresh gas and oil (oil injector on)

- cleaned oem air filter

- I can start really good with 1 or 2 kicks and with few throtle it moves but as soon i put a litle more throttle it boogs, if i put all throttle it worst.
If i close petcock it dont boogs and i thinks its all good.

The plug came wet, i thing its to much fuel. try to mess with idle screw and nothing what can i make more?

Last edited:
The float height should be 20 - 21.5mm.

The procircuit would call for at least a #260 to #280 main jet.

The needle is too lean on the 4th from bottom clip, move it to the middle clip.

All used motors should be leak tested as soon as you take delivery of them.

Is the fuel enrichment button (choke) being pushed all the way in after starting?

I can start without use of choke, its always close.

With 20mm float height i have gas off overflow and thats i its 22mm, the float height its measure with or without gasket?

Have at home 270main

Float measured without gasket.

What pilot jet?

Idle adjusting.

Set float level.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

I will reset to 21.5mm the float height and install 270 main

Needle middle clip.

Make sure it is not flooding.

It is possible to check the fuel level by attaching a length of clear plastic tubing to the drain nipple , lifting it up the side of the carby, and cracking the drain screw.

The fuel should show in the pipe to the level of the carb body above the float bowl gasket.

Pilot jet its oem, 32.5.

If i set float height to 21mm and it flood by overflow?

I will do all this things tomorrow and i will tell anything

With the float set at 21mm it should not flood, if it does then there is either dirt in the needle and seat assembly or the needle is no good.

Make sure that the float has no fuel sloshing around inside, also make sure it does not rub the walls of the float bowl.

Float height adjust to 21/21.5mm

1.JPG

2.JPG

#270 main jet installed

3.JPG

Reeds check, no crack or bents

4.JPG

Needle moved to middle groove

5.JPG

Gas level checked

6.JPG

7.JPG

Idle screw 1.5 turn out, try adjust with several setups with no sucess. It starts fine, with 1 kick and idle fine, but when i hit gas or ride it boogs all the way down.

Make a video with blaster idling, as soon i open the choke for 1st groove it shuts, and thats i im thinking the problem its flooded

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? im thinking its not normal.

But my problem is that Blaster its Bogging, i can make a movie to show. It idles but wont rev up, stand up or riding.

If i try to close petcock it revs up, i dont no if its suposed to do that

Measure the stator output as described on service manual, its all ok. Get 230ohm and 20ohm...im try to measure all things to see if i find anything bad

Last edited:
If it revs up when you close the pet weiner then you have a fuel delivery problem.

Does pulling the choke on make any difference to the rev when the pet weiner is off?

If it revs up when you close the pet weiner then you have a fuel delivery problem.

Does pulling the choke on make any difference to the rev when the pet weiner is off?

Didnt try, but i can see tomorrow.

Start Blaster, shut off petcok and then pull the choke and see if it does anything to rev without touching throttle?

I will try to do one movie :)

Blaaster, did you see photos in pag1 ? take today after doing what you say yesterday :)

Last edited:
Try to do movie with petcock on and off and today it was the same, its bogging with gas on and gas off :(

This movie start the bike and gave a throttle and not rev to much, its cold its true but when its hot its the same result

In this im in 1st gear and put full throttle

Last edited by a moderator:
i still think the problem lies in the wireing, on a stock blaster there is a micro switch in the clutch lever when the parking brake is on the cdi blocks the ignition and it won't rev . its exactly what your blaster is doing right now

please check the manual there you can find witch wires you need
to either connect or isolate from each other

i still think the problem lies in the wireing, on a stock blaster there is a micro switch in the clutch lever when the parking brake is on the cdi blocks the ignition and it won't rev . its exactly what your blaster is doing right now

please check the manual there you can find witch wires you need
to either connect or isolate from each other

I will do that as i have no much more ideas to resolve this :eek:.

Even 2002 Blaster have this microswitch? its on clutch lever?

I will try to find this and clean contacts or use contact spray clean

I dont have tors, first owner removed them. Wires and control unit its out.

The clutch switch what are you talking its this tors or just to see here is the clutch cable?