blaster big problem's!!

zachd242

Nov 22, 2010
sophia NC
so i took my side cover off and this is what i have....
acc19s.jpg
well idk how to get the pic to show up but hope this works but here is my problem
2q87hb7.jpg
this thing is bent down all the way around.. but its not getting in the way of anything though si idkkk??? but the gear behing the clutch on the right side is like bent and loose but i cant get the clutch off HELPPP PLEASE!!!

its ok, thats how you learn :D the gear thats behind the washer looking thing is the counter balancer, the one to the right is hooked to your crankshaft.

well there is a gear on the left side of the clutch man and its really loose and stuff!! :((

If you mean the gear with the triangle looking plate on it, that is the balancer drive gear, they are 3 piece, and yes they tend to loosen up on their carriers over time, some people weld the pins on the plate to tighten it up, I took mine off and peaned the pins to fix it though.

Here's a pic of it, the pencil is pointing to one of the carrier pins, this is where they tend to loosen up over time.

15x7ts4.jpg

Last edited:
well as brando stated it is the kick start idler gear, it is only held in with 2 washers and two clips. a little play is normal but shouldn't have excessive play or missing a tooth or be bent.

well i mean i looked at the motor well and i mean idk whats wrong with it i nmean idk if it could be the homemade sparkplug cap and half wire or what but whenever i get on it rlyy hard it just smokes like CRAZYYYYY!!!!

how you do that leakdown and it used to leak whenever it run like all over the motor! and is it hard to do?? how much

http://www.blasterforum.com/sale-18/leak-down-testers-28728/

you can also use a differential compression tester; which is pretty much a fancy leak down tester. its easy to do, just follow the instructions holeshotman provides and youll be just fine.

a leak down tester tests for any engine leaks be it internal or external. ex. crankshaft seal:p basically u pressurize the engine a bubble test the outside; if you dont find anything outside and your loosing pressure, the leak is internal.

most of the time its a crank seal. hence the heavy smoke at rpm.