Blaster/Banshee Spindle Help!!

jayzx750

Aug 31, 2007
Do Banshee caliper spindles directly interchange with Blaster caliper spindles?

My prob:
I have an '03 blaster (disk brakes) and want to buy a set of Burgard +2+1 A arms. The spindles would have to be reamed to fit the new ball joints and I don't wanna cut up my original spindles. I want to keep a complete stock front end.

So.......

Do I need to find a set of '03 up spindles or will a set of Banshee spindles fit? Are the Banshee spindles already the right size Ball Joint hole for the aftermarket arms? That would be awesome if they did.I:I

Thanks, Jay.

no, they will not fit, pm Norman240 he is the resident expert on this subject, he's very easy to talk to, and may have something laying around that will work...he helped me out :)

no, they will not fit, pm Norman240 he is the resident expert on this subject, he's very easy to talk to, and may have something laying around that will work...he helped me out :)

Are they the same dimensionally except for the size of the holes for the ball joints?
If I used Banshee spindles and had them reamed for the bigger ball joints that the Burgard arms have, would they be the same as if I had used '03 up spindles?

CTRL V

You could probably turn this venture into a break even deal. Whether you use Banshee/Warrior (same spindle and abundant) or Blaster Spindles, they WILL need to be re-reamed. The Banshee/Warrior Spindles are the better choice in my opinion. Blaster spindles have a straight shanked upper ball joint using a "pinch" with a radius bolt groove to contain the upper ball joint. The Banshee/Warrior spindles are tapered socket, top and bottom, making them more computable to the ball joint set up that come with the Burgard Arms. Also the Blaster spindles tend to be much easier to bend on the leg above the spindle. When I was retrofitting Blaster spindles for disks, about 50% of the spindles were junk for that reason. What you are talking about is exactly the set-up I have on my Blaster and I am 100% satisfied.

I appreciate your help.
So if I understand you correctly, I can use the Banshee spindle, have it reamed to the Burgard spec (they do it free if you send them your spindle) and the end result will be ball joints that are the same distance apart as if I had done this with Blaster spindles. The end result being that I end up with a stronger spindle at the same width, measured at the point of A arm attachment.
I don't know if I'm being clear, I hope you get what I'm trying to say!!

I ride in the sand at Glamis...do you think the Burgard +2+1 arms and Banshee shock setup is a good way to go?
What is a good rear mod? I'm trying to go inexpensive and was thinking of cutting a stock swinger and welding in a 2" spacer...I'm a good welder. What is your take on an OEM shock to replace the Blaster one? I was thinking of getting a 400EX shock.

Thanks again for your help,

Jay from San Diego.

cmon man dont do it!!

Jay, if you can extend your swingarm well then do it!! Hell if I was near you, I would have you do mine as well but 3"!!! Now as for the banshee sh*t, its just that CRAP! Do you see anybody fitting that crap on thier blastersthat knows what they are doing? Banshee suspension sucks like ours!! Go and buy a yami 450, honda 450 or even a kawi/suzuki 450 rear shock. they are a little longer , but oh wait...so is your new swingarm!! I used to ride on heber beach(calexico)a few years back. Trust me spend the 70-95 bucks and get a good rear late model factory shock. Dont play with that old factory crap off a banshee!!

Dale

I appreciate your help.
So if I understand you correctly, I can use the Banshee spindle, have it reamed to the Burgard spec (they do it free if you send them your spindle) and the end result will be ball joints that are the same distance apart as if I had done this with Blaster spindles. The end result being that I end up with a stronger spindle at the same width, measured at the point of A arm attachment.
I don't know if I'm being clear, I hope you get what I'm trying to say!!

I ride in the sand at Glamis...do you think the Burgard +2+1 arms and Banshee shock setup is a good way to go?
What is a good rear mod? I'm trying to go inexpensive and was thinking of cutting a stock swinger and welding in a 2" spacer...I'm a good welder. What is your take on an OEM shock to replace the Blaster one? I was thinking of getting a 400EX shock.

Thanks again for your help,

Jay from San Diego.

One of my sons Blasters has Banshee spindles, I've been unable to adjust the front end the way I'd like to because the geometry is different than that of a Blaster. I've had the Burgard arms and a pair of Leagers, same problem.

what if you got the a-arms off the banshee too would the a-arms bolt onto the blaster??? cause then that would take care of the reaming needed on the spindles