blaster axle nuts

camgarth1

Oct 13, 2013
I tried taking the axle nuts off on my blaster with a pipe wrench and pb blaster didnt do anything. tried the acetone and transmission fluid didnt work either. i dont got a torch so im thinking about buying a 24 inch pipe wrench and cranking on it. good idea or bad idea?

More leverage is always a good thing. You can put a pipe over the wrench handle to get more torque. Make sure you have the wrench on only the outside nut. Trying to turn both at the same time can be impossible.

I think when I took mine off I actually turned the inner one tighter first (towards the carrier). I don't remember what I grabbed it with tho, 24" pipe wrench or channel locks are all I had.

Im thinking about getting the 24 inch pipe wrench and use both of my wrenchs, the 10 inch to hold one nut and the other to loosen the other bolts. i have been having trouble keeping the quad still while i turn the bolt.

time to break out the torch and throw some heat on them nuts.
the loc-tite the factory uses is some kryptonite shiz, some heat will break it loose.
then turn the inner one tighter first before trying to loosen the outer one

Yeah thats fine. A little tapping with a hammer may help too just don't go crazy on it. If you can get something to fit the nut well n tap it with a hammer that will help too but the pipe wrench is likely to chew it up some if u use it with a hammer. Like AWK and I said it will be easier to turn the inner one tighter first if u can get something on it

Yeah thats fine. A little tapping with a hammer may help too just don't go crazy on it. If you can get something to fit the nut well n tap it with a hammer that will help too but the pipe wrench is likely to chew it up some if u use it with a hammer. Like AWK and I said it will be easier to turn the inner one tighter first if u can get something on it

alright thanks! im planning on buying new axle nuts anyway

I wouldnt suggest a pipe wrench, but if you are getting new ones, go for it!

When you get new ones, use the right wrench (50mm)

Not saying waste your money on those special "made for blaster" ones, go to a store and buy a cheap 50mm wrench, those are usually 2-3' long anyhow

I wouldnt suggest a pipe wrench, but if you are getting new ones, go for it!

When you get new ones, use the right wrench (50mm)

Not saying waste your money on those special "made for blaster" ones, go to a store and buy a cheap 50mm wrench, those are usually 2-3' long anyhow

alright ill do that. just wanna get them damn nuts off! it drives me crazy that i cant get em off

You can find some on ebay. The right wrenches are on there to for about $30 which you'll prob pay for any wrench that goes to 50mm