blaster as no top end

jefferz

Oct 4, 2009
North Jersey
My blaster has no top end what so ever, Carb cleaned multiple times now, even swapped carbs with another blaster to see if that was the issue. Its on 2005. Soon as it gets towards the powerband just bogs out. any ideas?

no mods minus just an fmf silencer came with it kid put it on like a week prior to purchasing it from him. its the stock jets, and compression is good

was it like this when you got it? or did this just start happening, you should always re-jet when you put on a pipe. check your compression and your reeds, both of these things, can hurt your powerband. if the powerband starts to feel real peaky thats usually a sign of bad reeds.

reeds are fine.. thinking it was that tors system but not positive on that, and i dont think i neeed to change jet sizing do to the silencer. but i swap the stock one on see if that resolves it. any more ideas?

a stock bike doent have a very noticable powerband. i dont know what your use to ridding just throwing that out there as well. the band is very mild till you pipe and port ect..