Blaster 240 keihin flat side carb problems!!

If it were me I wouldn't do anything, including riding it , until you have the proper cable.
You're chasing your tail on tuning, and the causing high revs when turned/pulled is concerning.

Heres the pics of the carb installed.

Attachments

• IMG_0895 (1).jpg
    IMG_0895 (1).jpg
    502 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 346
If you are unable to get the slide in the carb to bottom out properly, then I guess that you have not been able to set the idle correctly.

If the idle jetting is out, then up to 1/4 throttle opening will be unpredictable.

It's a PWK Air Striker. Probably a 35mm. If it is, it will be stamped S65 on the side, just above the float bowl. Most people have a hard time jetting the air striker carbs. Some people feel they're great once you get them figured out. They definitely require different jetting than non air striker PWK carbs. As for your cable problem, in the 2nd pic, it looks kind of like the cable housing isn't sitting down into the cable adjuster. At an angle and caught on the edge of the adjuster? It also looks like you have some additional room to adjust the adjuster down. Any TORS eliminator cable will work just fine with that carb, as well as most other aftermarket carbs.

Do I notice a reed spacer block?

With a large carby which favours the top end of the powerband the reed spacer should be fitted between the reeds and the carby.

Fitting it between the reeds and the cylinder will tend to favour the low/mids and could make for problemsome jetting.
image.jpg

Do I notice a reed spacer block?

With a large carby which favours the top end of the powerband the reed spacer should be fitted between the reeds and the carby.

Fitting it between the reeds and the cylinder will tend to favour the low/mids and could make for problemsome jetting.View attachment 10625

i don't have any problems with a spacer between my VF3's and the cylinder, and did not have to rejet my 34mm keihin when installed
as a matter of fact, thats the only place they can be used with VF reeds, as they depend on the intake boot/plate to hold the center reed block into the outer flange.