Blaster 200 engine rebuild or swap?

Need help with rebuild or engine swap

• Engine rebuild

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Engine swap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What experience do you have about swapping vs. rebuilding? minor fab work is not the right way of doing a swap.
its the cheap, fast and deadly way.

IMHO I would not want a 490 to rip out of the frame and injure me because i wanted something "faster" than a rebuild.

Look for the swap threads and check the dates. LMK if they took less than a week from first post date to last and i will eat my words
There is a swap going on right now that started months before you joined and i dont even think the motor is mounted yet because they are doing it right
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/yz250-blaster-build-log.62217/page-7
Minor fabrication is cutting the motor mounts off the blaster and the donor bike.you then take the motor mounts from the donor bike and weld them to the frame..and that's not the "cheap,fast,and deadly way" that's the right way,that's how they mount them in the factory.

Reactions: Blaster-kenny
What experience do you have about swapping vs. rebuilding? minor fab work is not the right way of doing a swap.
its the cheap, fast and deadly way.

IMHO I would not want a 490 to rip out of the frame and injure me because i wanted something "faster" than a rebuild.

Look for the swap threads and check the dates. LMK if they took less than a week from first post date to last and i will eat my words
There is a swap going on right now that started months before you joined and i dont even think the motor is mounted yet because they are doing it right
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/yz250-blaster-build-log.62217/page-7
Minor fabrication is cutting the motor mounts off the blaster and the donor bike.you then take the motor mounts from the donor bike and weld them to the frame..and that's not the "cheap,fast,and deadly way" that's the right way,that's how they mount them in the factory.