Blanshee swinger

Cochise

May 22, 2007
Tyrone, PA
www.myspace.com
So as the day draws near (Tuesday, 7/14/09 actually) I decided to let you guys in on the the new project for my friends Blaster. He recently picked up a stock Shee swinger for next to nothing (including carrier/axle all that good stuff). Well for now the shee axle is in the stock carrier. As of tomorrow (date noted above) he will have a custom 1 off hybrid Blaster/Banshee swinger. Measurements arent exact right now but it will be close to +4 and use a Banshee carrier and all that happy non sense. We are also making custom mounts for a GSXR600 Dual piston rear brake caliper as well as waiting on the correct size rear master cylinder to show up. When hes quad is all back together (again) I take pics to show everyone.

This has my name all over it haha. Are you lengthening the banshee swing arm or is it about +4 over a blaster swing arm?

I don't see how this is going to work... jmo.

And he has to use the dog bone or he's going to have to weld up 2 bracket tabs for that end of the shock.

If he uses the dogbone i'm not even sure the blaster shock will mount up right into it. And if it does the angle is going to be wrong and the bike won't sit right.

Wow. Its quite simple. Cut the tabs for the blaster carrier off. Cut the shee swinger right behind the shock mount. Weld the two pieces together. Stock blaster shock and geometry but uses a banshee carrier and all that happy non sense. Comes out close to +4. The project is on hold anyways. My friend got antsy to we put his quad back together. He's looking for another stock blasty swinger to cut up.

Maybe I'm just a negative jerk but this doesn't seem worth the time.

I misunderstood at first and thought you guys meant you were completely modding a banshee swinger right up to the blaster frame and that didn't make sense since the swinger bolt for a shee goes through the cases...

But now I see you mean chopping up 2 completely good swingers to make a longer one and use the banshee brakes and get a 3 or 4 over arm.

If you feel the need to have a 3 or 4 over arm most poeple would just spend the cash and get a nice extended blaster arm from a shop and upgrade to the round carrier - but that's just me if I were the one who needed a +4.

i agree with the lady... sounds like alot of effort for nothing.. hell you can buy a +4 blaster arm on ebay for $100 adn then buy a 03-06 blaster carrier.. and guess what it won;t weight a gazillion pounds like welding 2 stockers together will

ahh i see where she said that.. i think what she meant was on a banshee the swingarm bolt DOESN'T go through the cases..

but i stilla gree with her on just spending a little $$ and do it the correct way.. welding to stockers together is heavy heavy heavy

Reactions: Cmh156
well i had a swinger built by swingarm shop on my 82hp stroker banshee. it held up just fine. i beleive the blaster arms are built with the same material. i'm not sure if that link i posted was for swingarm shop or CFM though.. both are about the same price if i'm not mistaken.. personally though if your hardcore into teh MX and harescramble thing.. i;d invest teh $$ into a nice round carrier swingarm.. alot less hassle.. best thing i ever did to my aymahas was put a honda style carrier on em.. chain adjustments in 2 mins literally.. and you need 2 tools.. not 6 like the pain in the ass yamaha design