bike smokes?

blue massacre

Jan 7, 2008
ok so i have a bunch of atv's and dirtbikes, that are all fourstrokes and i have one blaster, that has nevere had a problem exept a new topend. my question is i found a blaster on craigslist for 600 dollars it is a 1998, new topend, fatty pipe/scilencer. and he islooking for a quick sale however says it smokes, he says it needs a carb cleaning but i thought more along the lines of a ring job. what do you guys think and how much would it cost, and would it be worth to buy fix, and sell for profit?

ok so i have a bunch of atv's and dirtbikes, that are all fourstrokes and i have one blaster, that has nevere had a problem exept a new topend. my question is i found a blaster on craigslist for 600 dollars it is a 1998, new topend, fatty pipe/scilencer. and he islooking for a quick sale however says it smokes, he says it needs a carb cleaning but i thought more along the lines of a ring job. what do you guys think and how much would it cost, and would it be worth to buy fix, and sell for profit?

ask him what color the smoke is if its blue smoke then thats normal its a 2STROKE lol if its white smoke then it is a bad crank seal easy fix.
i hope this helps

lol... go check it out.... if it smokes identical to the blaster you own now.. be a jag off and be like man.. its gonna need new rings.. il give ya $300 bucks for it :) sorry im crooked sometimes when it comes to buying stuff

its supposto smoke lol.. if your not mixin gas your not haulin ass

i don't see how bad rings on a 2 stroke would make it smoke more. on a 4 stroke, sure, there is oil below the piston that could easily sneak past bad rings into the combustion chamber and get burnt, but in a 2 stroke, the only oil in the crankcase is what you mix in the gas, which gets burnt whether you have good rings or not....

i don't see how bad rings on a 2 stroke would make it smoke more. on a 4 stroke, sure, there is oil below the piston that could easily sneak past bad rings into the combustion chamber and get burnt, but in a 2 stroke, the only oil in the crankcase is what you mix in the gas, which gets burnt whether you have good rings or not....

bad rings on a 2 stroke = poor running and low power,

note... im not a ahole, i dont screw ppl over on stuff... just stating that if there selling a 2 stroke quad/ bike/ whatever and think something is wrong cuz it smokes, its there own fault and shouldnt have it! since as soon as that oil tank runs drive that motor is toast!