Biggest carb/stock intake?

dksix

Apr 16, 2012
North East Tennessee
What's the biggest carb that can be used in the stock without modifying it and what is the biggest carb it will support if I open it up a safe amount?

ha, i know this because ive been doing my homework. stock intake will take a 28mm keihin/mikuni or a 30mm oko. ive heard some guys say theyve opened them up to fit a 34mm but ive never seen it and i dont believe it would be effective to open it up that much.

Is OKO just a knock off PWK, maybe a bored 28mm? Do you know the OD of the stock carb or ID of the stock intake? I don't want to go start measuring tonight.

yes, the oko is a bored 28mm knock off. some guys on here have had pretty good luck with them other than the slide peeling chrome. slickerthanyou had one and said it was a mofo to jet!

I've bored out the stock intake to fit a PJ34. I had to get a new clamp but it its. I got the stock boot to fit without boring the stock intake, but i didnt have a clamp that big. So I bored out the whole thing to fit my carb and to make it more free flowing. There is no sense in having a big carb, yet the rest of the intake air being bottled up.

I have a 34mm mik. Roundslide on my stock boot , had to pop it in and removed a bit of the stop insude the opening but it works fine, also I did need to use a larger clamp .