Big bore_vs_small bore

Kennedy_Power

Apr 8, 2008
Rochester,Michigan
I have been asked by some members if the BB cylinders are worth the money. I have read some members report that a OEM small bore ported can make more or the same power of a big power cylinder.
What I have found from testing is that the big bore cylinders available and the option of taking a OEM cylinder with a big bore sleeve KICK ASS
Those big bore cylinders are good for over 40hp with the right set up
The big bore kits with stroker cranks are good for 50hp
All the kits available need some sort of help to achieve those horsepower numbers

Are you asking the set up that I would suggest with a big bore kit?

no i just want you to write this "What I have found from testing is that the big bore cylinders available and the option of taking a OEM cylinder with a big bore sleeve KICK ASS
Those big bore cylinders are good for over 40hp with the right set up
The big bore kits with stroker cranks are good for 50hp" differently i couldnt tell when you were talking about the bbk and the big bore sleeve

Reactions: mr_3_0_5
well this is a good thing to hear...ive been doing alot of searching and from the beginning of my build i wanted to do the BB and the stroker but some said a ported stock cylinder would be close without spending the extra money, but this just settled it for me. the best part about it is that when i decide to send it in.....kennedy's only about 25 mins away :p

From the number of guys who have drag Blasters, all are running a BB.
That should tell you something.

well this is a good thing to hear...ive been doing alot of searching and from the beginning of my build i wanted to do the BB and the stroker but some said a ported stock cylinder would be close without spending the extra money, but this just settled it for me. the best part about it is that when i decide to send it in.....kennedy's only about 25 mins away :p

Cool looking forward to meeting you
We will dyno your bike if you would like as well

could you write that differently i couldnt understand it

He's saying that whether you decide to get a big bore kit or press a big bore sleeve into your stock topend (a.k.a LA Sleeve), you can make great power. You are not going to get the amazing power out of it by just bolting it on, but if you have a builder, like Kennedy, port it for you, the engine will be a sick horsepower machine!